Recent content by FenderBender

1. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

10". I have read that it needs to be anywhere from 10 - 15 GPM depending on water temp, tank diameter, tank design, amount of media, etc....I was thinking 12 or 15. Since my iron is not attrocious, I was leaning to 12.
  2. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

1.5 CF is my current setup.
  3. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

All good comments. It was suggested to me to add a line that goes directly into the intake line for the filter when I make my changes and then use it as a method for introducing bleach directly into the media. This would allow for a cleaning and keep from having to go through shock treating the...
  4. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

PM sent. akpsdvan, you are the best. Thanks everyone for the help. I am going with AIO 2510, I just need some last advice on the backflow rate. Should I just go with 15GPM?
  5. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

Non digital. I was a little worried about that tube. Is my worst case scenario that I would have to dump it out and refill? I have pretty much decided that the AIO is the way to go. Now I have to select the DLFC. It looks like 12-15 is the right number, should I just go for the 15?
  6. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

OK, I found this: Fleck 2510 SXT Digital Control Valve with Oxygen Chamber for Backwashable Filters Is this what I need? Is it as easy as just removing the old control head and placing this on top? Thanks!
  7. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

If I am reading the AIO advice correctly, I would need just the media tank and a modified control valve on top to bring air into my existing tank. I do like the thought of one tank and no air until the water gets to the tank. I have no idea where to find this head or how to modify my existing...
  8. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

Thanks for all of the ideas. This is just what to was looking to gain from the posting. I have considered the media replacement. I definitely need to get rid of the micronizer. The only question is do I go with an aerator or just overhaul the whole system. In the short term, I am cleaning...
  9. FenderBender

Iron Removal Help

Hi everyone, I came across this forum as I was trying to figure out what to do about my current situation. I am looking for some non-biased advice. Basic info: Constant pressure pump 22 GPM Well has a 30 gpm flow Filox filter tank has a 5600 controller 6 cf air contact tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks