Recent content by Fastgt79

1. Fastgt79

Over drilled (>60%) thru non-load bearing stud and need options to meet code

I drilled a hole in a non-load bearing stud greater then 60% for a drain pipe. Are there metal braces that can be attached to the stud to add support and meet code? What are my options other then replacing the studs and re-routing plumbing (there is no other route for plumbing)?
  2. Fastgt79

New basement bathtub question

The water in the pit is ground water. I like the idea of using the flexible rubber coupling with some stainless hose clamps. Once the p trap is installed is it okay for me just to back fill the drain box in the floor with gravel?
  3. Fastgt79

It is PVC as I am actually a little outside of Chicago. Should I use a p or s trap for a bathtub? Worst case is it a good idea to use a compression PVC fitting to attach to existing PVC drain?
  4. Fastgt79

I am installing a bathtub in my basement that has rough-in plumbing. The rough-in bathtub floor drain stub out is about 1" under water in the drain box. What are my option for connecting the drain trap to a stub out that's a little under water?
  5. Fastgt79

Question on drain for utility sink install in basement

So if I run the utility sink drain (with trap) directly to the ejector pit in a dedicated line do I still need to put a vent on the drain and tie it into the existing vent line?
  6. Fastgt79

If an ejector pump is similiar to a sump pump then it looks like the vent might be over the float switch according to the pipes leaving the sealed pit cover. If I add a hole to the ejector cover for a dedicated drain from the utility sink do I still need to use a wye and vent the new drain to...
  7. Fastgt79

I am installing a utility sink in my basement right next to my sewage ejector pit. My plan was to install a drain trap underneath the utility sink drain then use a PVC wye fitting to connect to the ejector vent so that everything from the utility sink drains in the ejector pit and that I do not...
  8. Fastgt79

Which brand for RPZ, Watts or Cash Acme?

So other than potentially being harder to service, Watts is a good quality brand that will be easy to find parts. I have heard that some people use dual check valves with the atmosphere vent between the checks in lieu of a RPZ for protecting the water supply on a water powered backup sump pump...
  9. Fastgt79

Which brand for RPZ, Watts or Cash Acme?

I am installing a water powered backup sump pump and code requires a 3/4" reduce pressure zone (RPZ) valve on the water supply to the sump pump. The two brands that seem pretty popular on the internet for RPZ are Watts (model 009M3QT) and Cash Acme (cash-flo RPZ II). What brand has a better...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks