Recent content by farmboy101

1. farmboy101

Bathroom Fan Ventilation

Hi Experts.....I have just done a complete bathroom renovation and put in a new bathroom fan. Everything works great except the fan. It drips water like crazy. So we insulated the metal housing and put a plastic dome and tucted taped it to seal the cold away from it. We also put a few extra bats...
  2. farmboy101

New bathroom reno fan leaking

one other note....on the metal fan housing box. Are there any fans out there made of plastic for its housing??? This would likely make more sense?? to put one of those in....Kinda think we should call Hvac co.
  3. farmboy101

We glued insulation to each side put a 'tent' hood over it ( more commonly used for electrical boxes vapor barrier?) tuct tape to seal it in and then buried it with bats of insulation. It should be snug as can be but it still feels cold to touch??? thanks, fb
  4. farmboy101

We are going to pull off the vent on the end of the pipe off and see what it does wide open....The hot shower produces the same amount of steam with the previous original shower. The body sprays and rain shower head have barely been touched. Really don't think the steam has increased with the...
  5. farmboy101

that does make sense......thank-you
  6. farmboy101

Hi Jim, Yes the vent housing has a damper on unit and the vent in the soffit has a damper that opens while the fan operates and closes while its off as to keep the cold air out..... We are a bit perplexed as the old shower produced as much steam and we had a way smaller fan and never seen any...
  7. farmboy101

Ok here is a couple more items that you guys have asked about....The pipe we used was recommended by a local house builder and he said this is all he ever uses??? We went to HD and bought the insulated duct piping which comes all wrapped in insulation and imagine stays nice and toasty in its...
  8. farmboy101

Thank-you for your input....at first this was one of our thoughts but the line does have a nice slope towards the soffit vent....
  9. farmboy101

Hi All....I am perplexed..... Just did a complete reno adding a top of the line shower, body sprays, rain shower head etc etc. The size of the bathroom is approx 40 sqft and half of the space is the shower. So we figured that we should upgrade the fan and we installed a NuTone 110 CFM as we...
  10. farmboy101

Super Ironout and Pro Res Care

I thought so. Best to use one or the other.
  11. farmboy101

Super Ironout and Pro Res Care

I used Super IronOut to clean out my incoming house pipes yesterday as there was still an odor from the iron buildup. Wow does that stuff work. The water from the cold tap is now odor free but the hot is still puking out some nasty smelling black stuff but is is getting better. I mixed some with...
  12. farmboy101

Clack is shutting down internet sales of their control valves June 15th 2010.

Thanks for the explanation. I will send them an email telling them how I feel about what I consider a very poor business decision on their part.
  13. farmboy101

Clack is shutting down internet sales of their control valves June 15th 2010.

Could someone please explain how Clack can stop people (Internet Dealers) from selling their softeners? Will you not be able to get them from suppliers unless you are an approved dealer? I smell a black market being created or will that not even be possible??
  14. farmboy101

Clack WS1 Programming Recomendations

If you are asking me I agree with you 100%. Ive not seen it at all in this thread in fact the opposite, posters have been very helpful. I like the idea of a Argument sub forum here only separate....:cool:
  15. farmboy101

Clack WS1 Programming Recomendations

Wally, I think I am being misunderstood. This board and Gary's are were I didn't find that sort of anti on-line\diy attitude. I was being sarcastic towards those people who take that attitude on other sites on the INTERNET. Before I came to this board I didnt think it was possible to buy and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks