Recent content by fantomas

1. fantomas

Softener install questions

Thanks. I'll probably go with the 7000SXT with 1" bypass connection. This isn't our forever home (as far as we're planning at the moment), so it will allow us to take it to our next house which I assume will be a little larger and be able to keep up. As far as the drain height is concerned, I...
  2. fantomas

I was looking around for the Clack, and apparently I can't actually buy one online without hiring a company to do the plumbing that I'm perfectly capable of doing myself. So it looks like I'll go with a Fleck. Any major difference between the Fleck models?
  3. fantomas

Thanks, that is exactly what I would be looking for. Regarding going to a larger size, what do people normally recommend for a family of 2 adults and currently an 18 month old with a possibility of another one within the year? At first I was considering the 32,000 grain, but after a quick read...
  4. fantomas

The height I could run the PVC at around the perimeter is about 6'6" above the floor, which would only be ~3-4' (I'm guessing) above the valve on the unit. I just wanted to verify that the discharge pump or propeller or whatever it uses can handle that height, and won't die a premature death...
  5. fantomas

Measured the water hardness with a Hach 5B kit I received last week. Came in at 14 the first test, and 12-13 for subsequent tests. My wife also complains (which is nothing new really) about calcium build up in our sinks and that her shampoo lathers nicely everywhere she showers except for our...
  6. fantomas

Hach 5b Hardness Test kit question

I just picked up a Hach 5b kit last week (never bother to check for an expiration date). If you are in the Middletown/Cromwell area I could let you take a few samples with mine to see if they match up with your kit.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks