Recent content by Falcon67

1. Falcon67

Polybutylene tubing

We have Qest and and have had no leaks - it may be ours to keep forever LOL. No leaks, all copper crimp rings and fittings so it should last a while I hope.
  2. Falcon67

remodel 1941 bathroom

Yeouch. We got a pedestal sink that looks very similar to the ones pictured on the site for under $100 at Home Depot.
  3. Falcon67

Copper to PVC

If I might make a recommendation - I have an outside faucet with about a 12' run in the ground, about 6" down, with about a 30' riser to a hose bib. It has a shutoff and a "drain port" where it leaves the house. It was all Schedule 40 PVC. I'd forever forget to shut the thing off before a...
  4. Falcon67

Help with vent situation in bath remodel

Try again - can't use the toilet riser as a stack. Also had to move things around to get away from floor beams, etc.
  5. Falcon67

Revised yet again How much room I have to work with:
  6. Falcon67

2008 ..... Pig Slop Award.....

Starting from left - Schedule 20, Sch 20 clean out (glue? what glue?) , red clay pipe, 1" copper from tub, gray plastic 90 ?inspection port? with rag plug, 4" iron. The transitions between the various materials and pipe sizes was encased in concrete and brick. I don't have a picture of the...
  7. Falcon67

Revised: I understand from reading other posts that the vent by the tub will have to be moved such that the vent pipe comes up vertical or at least rises at a 45. That'll take some more scheming to figure out pipe layout to accommodate the tub trap connection.
  8. Falcon67

Thanks - did forget the dimensions. The room is 6' x 7 1/2' with a 24" door. That does sound like a better idea. I can make the underfloor dimensions do what I want - aside from the bit of Qest under there, there is just a bunch of iron abandoned in place. Between the sawsall and a shovel...
  9. Falcon67

black ooze

Without knowing what the pot was sealed up with, I'd suggest getting a plumber to re-seat the toilet for you. With a wax ring and a new hold down kit, it doesn't take very much time at all - provided the flange is in good shape. If it does not sit flat to the floor, it needs to be shimmed some...
  10. Falcon67

Bad sewer gas smell from outside vents

*comments deleted to help keep things calm*
  11. Falcon67

over-the-range microwave ovens. Yeah or Nay?

Hate 'em. Wife hates 'em. A dedicated fan vented outside is preferred in this house. And we know a couple of folks with the u-wave over stove deal - in each case, the countertop unit out performs the built in. My wife is short and I'm tall, so in our remodel the vent is going up more...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks