Recent content by f_armer

1. f_armer

Need advice on iron filter problem

I have a well, that is plumbed to a pentair fleck 2510 aio iron filter, then to a pentair autotrol 760 water softener. I had the system installed 1.5 years ago, and i have been very happy with the system. Yesterday morning my iron filter was making noise (still backwashing?), so I take it...
  2. f_armer

Dryer venting question

The styrofoam is blue DOW cladmate XL, I don't know if its XPS or EPS. I cut a strip out along the pipe, I'm happy with it because since I had 2x4 framed walls and a 4" pipe, by cutting it out it also gave me extra room so I didn't have to squish the pipe to drywall over it. I can't see it...
  3. f_armer

Dryer venting question

Now I'm thinking just to be safe I should cut a channel in the styrofoam, say 6-8" wide, then the pipe will only be against concrete. It is onthe basement wall that the attatched garage is on, so its actually kind of a warm wall. I would still put fiberglass insulation around it. I think I...
  4. f_armer

Dryer venting question

Good info. The dryer vent doesn't seem to get abnormally hot, it is all new pipe and working fine. I am just concerned about enclosing it all in the wall and insulating around it. Is it asking for trouble? I thought about taking some metal flashing and running it in between the vent and the...
  5. f_armer

Dryer venting question

I was thinking of using one of those, but your still making a 90, it is just a longer arc. Wouldn't it still count?
  6. f_armer

Dryer venting question

My vent goes vertical 7.5' and horizontal 10'. There are two 90's including the one at the dryer. According to some charts, I am probably at max recommended length. If you add 5' for every 90. I would be at 27.5' Most info I can find says 25'. It is a 15 yr old dryer and I can't find the...
  7. f_armer

Dryer venting question

In the process of remodeling our basement, I have moved our washer and dryer to a different location. I want to enclose the vent within the wall. I used 4" galvanized pipe and I used the foil tape on the seams with no screws. My question is, I added 1" styrofoam to the inside of the basement...
  8. f_armer

(another)basement rough in

Well I went with it, I have another floor drain downstream that I have to put a bit of water in a few times during the winter, so I figured one more won't hurt. I added the backwater valves just because if my septic pump quits, at least it will protect the bathroom somewhat, like I said...
  9. f_armer

Is the toilet not vented through the sink drain? Could you explain why the A/C draining into the floor drain would cause sewer gases? Is it because the trap would dry up? Thanks
  10. f_armer

Ok update, I hope this works, I redid my plan and I'm kinda into the point of no return, so here is what I have. the floor drain and shower both have traps of course, the vent on the shower is a 2x2x1-1/2 san-tee, you can't see it very well in the pic.
  11. f_armer

I could... would it be close to needing venting or would it be required.
  12. f_armer

Thanks for your advice. I have one more question. Would it be alright to add in a branch about 3' long to a 2" floor drain tied in with a 3x3x2 wye between the existing and the 3" 45degree? My furnace is in that area and I have been using a pail for collecting the condensation off the A/C...
  13. f_armer

Should I be putting a sleeve of some sort around the plumbing where it comes through the concrete?
  14. f_armer

Would it be better to join on the existing 3" in 2 seperate places? One for the WC and one for the shower/lav drains? I wondered if flushing the toilet might be more prone to sucking a trap dry in the shower the way I have it layed out here.
  15. f_armer

I figured you'd see it eventually :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks