Recent content by f1bryan

1. F

Basement plumbing AAV question

I talked to my local board of health plumbing inspection department and they said that the AAV's are perfectly fine as they were installed during the rough-in. I do not need to add any additional venting. I will be applying for a plumbing permit as well as a building dept permit for the...
  2. F

Is it enough that the rest of the house is vented atmospherically and these drains meet up with the main stacks? The bath and bar sink are on opposite sides of the basement. So basically, there's one sink drain on its own branch that has an AAV and then ties into the rest of the drain system...
  3. F

Hello, When we had our 2-year old house built, we had the basement roughed-in for a full bath and bar sink. The bath rough-in seems to have the tub and WC drains wet vented to the lavatory drain which is capped off with an AAV. The bar sink drain is also capped off with an AAV. It's time...
  4. F

Trap height question

Thanks for the help. I was able to confirm the local building codes. As you said an AAV would technically be allowed as long as there is access. I think I'll just leave it the way it is and give up the ceiling height.
  5. F

Trap height question

From what I can tell, it's wet vented through the bathroom sink drain, which can't really be moved up. So, I have another potentially stupid question regarding the tub drain... Could I add an AAV right after the tub p-trap? Both of my basement sink drain rough-ins have them, so I assume...
  6. F

Trap height question

Thank you very much! That makes perfect sense.
  7. F

Trap height question

Thanks for your help. Pardon my ignorance. I'm having trouble visualizing exactly what effect that has on the vent air flow. I'm not questioning the illegality of it, just trying to better understand why it doesn't work. Thanks again for the quick feedback.
  8. F

Trap height question

Hello, I am finishing my basement and I have a p-trap from a first floor tub that hangs lower than anything else in one area. Is it possible to move the trap up and then tie it back into the drain line with 2 45's? I read in a plumbing book that this would cause a "broken vent". Thanks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks