Recent content by export

1. E

Internet provider for rural areas?

Wildblue is another satellite internet provider that starts at only $49.95 per month. Of course they get you with the hardware and install charges up front.
  2. E

Hi, trying to install a watering system for my rabbits...

That is why Bob NH said this, "You should have an overflow disposal to sewer setup in case the float valve fails." But yes you would have to deal with evaporation. Damn evaporation, damn you to hell. Good luck with whatever you decide. And yes those backflow preventers are expensive. I...
  3. E

Well another reason you might want a fill tank is so that is the only amount of water that could leak out. The rabbits could chew on your pressure valves or they could fail for some other reason and you would then have a lot more water in the basement.
  4. E

Water heater capacity upgrade

Yeah I know they are Rheem. I was just upset with my 20 year old Rheem because I only got 6 years out of it since that is when I moved in. :p If the new one lasts 20 years I will be very happy. Hell if it lasts 10 without problems I will be extremly happy.
  5. E

Couldn't you just have a holding tank that you fill up when needed? You would still have a water line to this, but would only turn it on when the rabbit water tower needed to be filled. I am sure you visit them almost daily so it wouldn't mean anymore trips and then you wouldn't need to worry...
  6. E

Water heater capacity upgrade

I am just wondering what the experts here think about going from a 40 gallon to a 50 gallon. Is it worth the extra $45 for 10 gallons and will I notice a difference? And I suppose my showers could be on the long side since my wife complains she doesn't have hot water after I am done.
  7. E

Water heater leaking out top

Well it looks like I am going with a 50 gallon GE from HD. And one of my wifes friends does this for a living and will only charge $100 plus parts to install it. Sounds like a good deal to me and I only have to go one more day without a shower.
  8. E

Doing that now. It is just that I am mad at Rheem since that is what just failed. It is around 20 years old, so I guess it was do to die. :rolleyes:
  9. E

Are you being sarcastic? Because they seem to have the best price for a 50 gallon at $364. I really have no idea so any help is much appreciated.
  10. E

I did that as soon as I saw the standing water. Not even going to attempt to start the burner. Pretty wet and rusted down there so now it is time to upgrade to a larger capacity. Time to search for recommendations. Thanks for the help. Ex
  11. E

Yeah, I think I agree with you, it is time for a new one. After looking into it a bit more it looks like the leak is somewhere under the top of the tank. I emptied it and when I fill it up, that is where the air pressure is is leaking out. Not sure where, but the air seems to come out from...
  12. E

Well my family and I just got back from a long weekend away from home and came back to water in the laundry room from the water heater. Water was coming out of the top of it not from the T&P. Just wondering if this is a DIY fix or do I need a new water heater. It is a gas Rheem 22v40s-1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks