Recent content by Eweneek1

1. Eweneek1

How to vent kitchen sink in front of window.

Good information on the Plumbing Guide PDF.
  2. Eweneek1

If it is possible to go 60% through two studs, then that is my preference. Holes would be 2 1/8". Will use the Simpson stud shoes. I could use an LVL stud to reinforce the existing stud to the left of the window if necessary. Don't think I would need anything with the stud under the window...
  3. Eweneek1

Code won't let me drill holes big enough to use 1 1/2" or 2" ABS pipe in exterior load bearing wall studs.. Will need to stay outside wall using 1 1/2" trap arm to drain which is also outside wall. Then will 45 back into stud bay with 1 1/2 vent pipe. Drain pipe will be 2". Can't decide...
  4. Eweneek1

The photo Reach 4 shows would work, but there is that 4x12 beam under the wall. Jeff H Young describes a similar solution. Not sure if I understand it completely. Would I move the drain and vent outside the wall and then use 45s to get both back in the stud cavity?
  5. Eweneek1

Want to move kitchen sink in front of exterior window. Need suggestions on how to vent. Exterior wall is full dimension redwood studs. Problem is there a 4" x 12"beam under the wall. Possible to drain straight down through the floor under the sink. Could go horizontal outside the wall a...
  6. Eweneek1

Schedule 80 Pipe in place of Cast Iron

Need to replace move drain stack between first floor and second floor. Current cast iron stack is probably about 70 years old. Can't save the stack most likely and I want to keep the sound transmission low. Could I use 4" schedule 80 pipe instead of replacing with no hub cast iron?
  7. Eweneek1

New Reliance NG Water Heater Not Working

The pilot lights immediately and will stay on as long as I depress the pilot button. Have kept the pilot on for five minutes while depressing, but as soon as released the pilot goes out. So, no way to move to any other setting. Reliance is now sending the complete burner unit which includes...
  8. Eweneek1

New Reliance NG Water Heater Not Working

Purchased a Reliance water heater model 6-40-NOCT 400 on 9/13/22. Installed without any problems in a rental unit for a single mom. However, the heater does not work. Problem is the pilot light will light and stay lit, but the gas valve status light never blinks no matter how long you hold...
  9. Eweneek1

Load Center Outgoing Wiring

Thanks Wayne, The Square D Qo Plug On Neutral load center is exterior and has a 2 1/2" KO at the top and bottom, and two 2 1/2" on the rear of the panel. Also, a 2" KO on the side and several 1/2" and 3/4" on the bottom. The meter could either use the top or side KO. The bottom 2 1/2" could...
  10. Eweneek1

Load Center Outgoing Wiring

Installing new Loadcenter with a 24" 2 1/2" PVC pipe going to a 2 1/2" Conduit body. How many circuit wires are allowed inside the pipe? Have 3 15 amp circuits and 20 20 amp circuits outgoing.
  11. Eweneek1

Full port hose bibbs with flange, lead free

Thanks. Was thinking of doing this type installation, but thought the 1/4" turn spigot might reduce the GPM to much. Have enough Viega ProPress copper fittings to mount the way you suggest. Otherwise, was going to use the Sharbite 3/4" hose bibb, or the Webstone 3/4" hose bibb.
  12. Eweneek1

Full port hose bibbs with flange, lead free

Need to replace one 3/4' hose bibb and add three more. Would like them to be as close to full port as possible with preferably a ball valve and flange. Could be wall hydrant, but doesn't freeze here in Eureka Ca. Lines feeding hose bibbs are 3/4" copper. Does a smaller 5/16" hose bibb...
  13. Eweneek1

Hose Bibb Flange

Looking for 3/4" hose bibb flanges. Have one 3/4" flange now. It has 3 /4" sweat copper pipe on the interior side of the flange and 3/4" pipe threads on the side facing the exterior. Can not find anything in my search. Any ideas on where I might find this type flange or something similar?
  14. Eweneek1

Plumbing Sink & Toilet

Think stub-out would be best also. The brass nipple pipe might leak.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks