Recent content by EuroPlumber

1. EuroPlumber

Dornbracht Cartridge Installation

Thanks to Jadnashua for the good explanation. Dornbracht technical service can be reached M-F 8-5 Eastern time at 1-800-774-1181
  2. EuroPlumber

Kohler Angle Stops - Kohler Quality

Dornbracht is made in Iserlohn Germany Dornbracht is made in Iserlohn Germany. Even the sub suppliers are based within 10 kilometers of the factory. I cannot say if Kohler is sourcing from China, but i can tell you that Dornbracht is not. As a premium brand, going the cheap route is bad for...
  3. EuroPlumber

Thermostatic mixer/diverter/flow valve.

Sorry to post so late on this. I should check in more often. I wouldn't use the thermobalance III for a shower head/handshower application normally, but I understand you may want to be able to run both at the same time and the Thermobalance II will not do that. Secondly the Thermobalance is...
  4. EuroPlumber

Choosing the right pipe size for Dornbracht shower fixtures.

Yet it still shows Hansgrohe. I will try again.
  5. EuroPlumber

My signature line is wrong in the above. I have updated it to the Dornbracht contact.
  6. EuroPlumber

Hi John, Good looking shower but I can't believe you are working on piping with the walls finished. In my experience and research PEX is equivalent to copper in regard to flow rate. There are some good points made above about flow rates and how they can errode the copper PEX fittings if the...
  7. EuroPlumber

Hansgrohe Thermostatic Shower Cartridge

Thermostatic cartridge 94282000 has filter screens on it. They need to be serviced before deciding if you will need to replace it. When a thermostatic valve starts to behave irraticaly, 95% of the time it is due to the filters becoming plugged up with debris. You need to pull the thermostatic...
  8. EuroPlumber

Experience with Architectural - Designer Brands

I agree with Hackney Plumbing. That is why I drive a Dodge truck instead of a BMW. I would like to own a BMW and think they are great cars, but I know I couldn't afford the payments or maintenance costs. However I also know that many people do drive BMW and can afford it. Buy what you can...
  9. EuroPlumber

Experience with Architectural - Designer Brands

I have Dornbracht installed in my home for 17 years. Two Master lav faucets and a tub filler in the Madison Series. They still look and work like new. I just keep them clean and treat them nice, and they return the favor. I have had Hansgrohe in my children's bath for 10 years. A Pheonix...
  10. EuroPlumber

Very intermittent brief loss of shower pressure

Shower valve intermittant problem I would also suspect an obstruction in the piping. In my opinion it is most probable that it is somewhere in the piping near the main service line. The reason I suspect this is because both hot and cold are affected. Hot and cold are both dependant upon the...
  11. EuroPlumber

Hansgrohe Help!

Response from Hansgrohe Technical Manager Dear Barbham1, I am the Technical Service manager for Hansgrohe USA. I am aware of the conflicting instructions. We did update the instructions last year because we had the complaint of too many threads showing. The correct instructions are the most...
  12. EuroPlumber

Best shower valve--ranking companies from high to low

I love Hansgrohe, but I work for them, so take that for what it's worth. Hansgrohe is the original since 1901. Grohe is also good and founded by Hans Grohe's son Fredrich Grohe. I manage technical support here. I can tell you we build excellent products for the shower. Some plumbers don't like...
  13. EuroPlumber

Hansgrohe new Thermistor Cartridge - Serious Buzzing during mixing

Hi Monty, The new version 94282000 cartridge is made of plastic to reduce the buildup of lime and mineral deposits which can cause the moving parts to seize up over time. Your correct that the valve was howling due to pressure differential. The cartridge was trying to pinch down the cold inlet...
  14. EuroPlumber

Hansgrohe Wall-Mount Faucet.... HELP!

Hi Pixelpixi, Please call Hansgrohe technical services at 800-334-0455 and we will be happy to help you with parts and support. Not sure why this isn't right from what I've read, but we will help you any way we can.
  15. EuroPlumber

service stops and bypass for rough in

Hansgrohe will discontinue ThermoBalance valves sometime in 2011 most likely. They have sold hundreds of thousands of them, and they are very good valves. The next generation valve is called i-Box. The i-Box is a universal rough and will replace all rough valves they offer except for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks