Recent content by etienne1102

1. etienne1102

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Cadet 3 flapper comes off Folks - I have a Cadet 3 10" rough-in toilet. Got it during a remodeling project bad dream (thus no desire for warranty work) a couple of years ago. Eventually it got installed into a spot that could have taken a 12" rough-in, but.... Anyway - from day 1, it runs...
  2. etienne1102

shower receptor question

Thanks Jim. The shower pan is a 3 wall installation. Could be you are right - but then it seems like I'd see something called a triple threshold (though I realize that is kind of a strange thing to imagine...a shower against a wall with glass on three sides... hmmm.
  3. etienne1102

shower receptor question

I need to replace my standard 36 x 36 shower receptor. What in the heck is the difference between a single threshold and double threshold shower pan? And why would I want one vs the other? Thanks!
  4. etienne1102

Adapt a bar sink as a bathroom sink

I'd like to put a round stainless bar sink into a vanity for use as "the bathroom sink". Obviously I can just use it as is with a kitchen type drain strainer basket and not hook up the stopper control. But as I am going to use a bathroom sink faucet set (8" centers in the vanity top), is...
  5. etienne1102

How much room makes sense around a toilet?

Thanks - we've got it worked out a 12" toilet rough in would've given me more options for the toilet and thus bought me a few inches, but that was not to be. A Cadet 3 it is. Thanks for everyone's help
  6. etienne1102

follow up concept drawing in another thread, Terry posted "If you look at building codes, you need 30" space for most plumbing fixtures. The toilet would need 30" the Urinal would need 30" the Lav would need 30" 24" in front of a toilet bowl too." ... Above I posted a question...
  7. etienne1102

Flush-cutting a 4x4

Use a router I realize that plumbers do not usually have routers around on a job site - but I would have made a collar (spacer to hold the router base higher than the floor) around the 4x4, then dropped the bit a little at a time
  8. etienne1102

I am finishing my basement. My basement was roughed in years ago for a toilet and tub - drains on opposite sides of what was envisioned as a bathroom with the tup on the end wall and the toilet and vanity on left. My contractor said "do you want a shower" and my wife said yes. HE then said to...
  9. etienne1102

HELP - 10" Rough In Toilet Recommendations - Under the gun to select

Thanks - Any opinions on the American Standard Cadet 3? 3" valve opening, more standard flapper flush. Champion 4 (the redesigned Champion) does not come in 10". I may need to get a second mortgage if I am stuck with Toto.. :-)
  10. etienne1102

HELP - 10" Rough In Toilet Recommendations - Under the gun to select

I've read Terry's "Report on Toilets". I need a 10" rough in toilet. I have not had to buy a toilet since 1989. And now they are all water savers - 1.6 GPF. It appears that most of the highly rated toilets in the report are a) 12" rough ins and b) pressure assisted. But in this forum in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks