Recent content by Etbrown4

1. Etbrown4

Shallow point well sucking air

Did you ever get it working? Ive plugged a 3' pvc well point with sugar sand and flushed it with a water hose from above.
  2. Etbrown4

Sand point clogging and unusable.

Irrigator, Did you get the well working? I have nearly the identical setup and depth in fine sugar sand on the nc coast. Like yours my water is about 3' below grade. My sandpoint is at 18' and connected to a 1 1/4 pvc well pipe. Above grade i have a 3/4 hp centrifugal well pump and it...
  3. Etbrown4

70 year old Expansion Tank, oil boiler at 27psi

I don't plan to take the airtrol fitting apart (shown in the pic) or trying to service it, because it is 70 years old and that type of thing rarely goes well. So getting back to the excellent article on bladerless exp tanks, it sure seems that i should be able to turn the boiler and water...
  4. Etbrown4

Unable to stop water in tank from leaking down

I got the tip about the siphon possibilities from Terry about a year ago, so no it is set high. Update: With water off, the water level drops to the dead bottom of the Kohler Welworth tank! And no, the tank is not leaking on the floor or down into the basement. I know one poster said that...
  5. Etbrown4

Eventually the boiler will get replaced. Right now the tp relief valve is relieving between 27 and 30 lbs. Trying to determine if the mechanic who just replaced the circ pump, did or didn't refill the system properly, and if he should correct an error. So the burning question is, do the...
  6. Etbrown4

I appreciate the info on the fitting below the expansion tank. If any forum members saw the pics and great writeup on bladderless tanks, what did you think? It pictured those tanks as ideally half full. Any reason i can't turn off the boiler and water feeder, and make room in the expansion...
  7. Etbrown4

Any reason I can't turn the boiler off, turn the water feeder off, and drain say 3-4 gal from the bladerless exp tank, and believe that may well solve the pressure problem ?
  8. Etbrown4

May have found an explanation for a bladerless exp tank.... Just fill it about half full. Trouble is i see no sight glass to determine when half full. Here's what I found...
  9. Etbrown4

Perhaps this has been the subject of another post, but here goes... Have a great working old boiler with the old timey expansion tank, (maybe 10 gal) affixed to the basement ceiling. Pretty sure there's no bladder and possibly no air cushion. As pictured there's an odd looking elbow fitting...
  10. Etbrown4

Will check and see. It leaks down to the new flapper, at least, and I'll see if it goes any lower. For the reasons you all have mentioned.
  11. Etbrown4

All zones on at same time, nothing pops up

All above are right. See if you have pressure at the pump on the outlet side.
  12. Etbrown4

New korky red flapper and new fluidmaster valve. Still the tank level apparently drops a little and refills about every 10 minutes. The seat area under the flapper is smooth, and it appears that the flapper is seating as it should, but it still leaks. I have on other jobs, occasionally...
  13. Etbrown4

? Metric pipe thread

I guess it exists in china and maybe europe, but where do i find a pipe thread coupling just larger than 3/8"?
  14. Etbrown4

Can you install a std Fluidmaster Valve in a Toto?

So I guess the std Fluidmaster float must clear the back of the tank by just a hair. Also that the Fluidmaster 400ARHR apparently is not smaller than the std 400, so no advantage there.
  15. Etbrown4

Can you install a std Fluidmaster Valve in a Toto?

the Toto water inlet hole is close to the back wall of the tank, so it appears the std Fluidmaster 400 valve would rub the back wall. Is that true? If so, I guess most everyone uses the narrow Korky style valve. I saw a video indicating that you can fit a Fluidmaster 400ARHR in a Toto...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks