Recent content by estone

1. estone

proper breaker and wire size for gas furnace

Thanks for all the help. I will sleep better now.
  2. estone

Installing the 15amp breaker with the 12-2 is ok? I thought a 15amp breaker had to be 14-2 wire, 20amp/12-2, 30amp/10-2? Or is that just good practice?
  3. estone

I had a Heil gas furnace installed that will be primarily used for a/c but it does have a heat too, Model N8MSN0701716A1. I installed the electrical with a 20 amp breaker/ 12-2 wire as per HVAC installer instructions. After searching online electrical data it calls for a 15amp breaker/14-2...
  4. estone

hooking hot water heat thermostat to furnace in attic

I currently have hot water baseboard heat with two thermostats, one for the bedrooms zone and one for living room/kitchen zone. I elected to have the HVAC guy put a standard furnace in the attic when we put in A/C so that we could run heat from it too, plus it was only about 100 more plus...
  5. estone

Help w/replacement standing pilot valve

Just to clarify.....Main level: 1344sq ft., basement, 784sq.ft., = 2128 total sq. ft.
  6. estone

Our nat. gas bill is: $100(high, Jan.), $20(low, July). Our boiler is the only unit on gas. Obviously heats our water too. We live in a 1950's, 2100sq ft. ranch style home in Eastern Colorado(80723) with decent older windows and doors. Attic and floors insulated w/an extra 4" blown in attic...
  7. estone

Any suggestions on Brands or models if we did replace the boiler? Current model is Burnham P-206A-WNVH.
  8. estone

I have a Honeywell standing pilot gas valve for a 1991 Burnham boiler. It needs to be replaced because it isn't fully closing and I would like to save some $$ by ordering the part online adn replacing it myself. The current valve is #VR8300C4126 Honeywell obviously doesn't make this one...
  9. estone

cartridge circulator

Shut the system down as soon as I noticed that morning that it was cavitating. Now I will pull the wires off so I can turn the system back on. When replacing the zone valve motor, I think I was told to have the manual control arm in the far left open position. Right? Thanks
  10. estone

Well over winter

Great piece of mind. Thanks
  11. estone

Calcium deposits

I just irriates me that the city can charge such premium rates for not so premium water. But on the Eastern plains of Colorado our water is like gold so it brings a premium price. Maybe I should just soften or treat OUR well water? Was told it has some nitrates in it so most people around...
  12. estone

Calcium deposits

Thanks I'll have the water tested. It is city water, which is well water that I assume they treat. Not sure why we are getting so much white deposits on our shower heads and fixtures. Maybe they over treat it?
  13. estone

Well over winter

I should have mentioned it is a submersible.
  14. estone

cartridge circulator

The bad zone valve is stuck open. So I was using the ball valve downstream to let water flow to the living room when it got cold. Then at night to keep it from running all night I closed the ball valve. But water was still going through the stuck open zone valve and was stopped by the ball...
  15. estone

Calcium deposits

We use our well for outside use only. We have city water for our house. I've noticed alot of calcium buildup on our shower fixtures(which are new). It also builds up on our water dispenser tray on our fridge. I assume it is calcium? White deposits. Is there a way to filter this out as it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks