Recent content by Entropy

1. Entropy

Bath tub leaking...condensation?

Right Now, Turn your dehumidifier on as high as it will go and leave it there for at least 3 to 4 days, in the mean time make sure there is not a leak in the bathtub tile and if so fix that. Does the house have an air exchanger? Is the house insulated?
  2. Entropy

something is leaking in my bathroom

Almsost sounds like someone is not using a bath mat. Could it be possible that there is a small stream of water sparying off of your shower head, when it's running. Could be from calcium build up, used to hapen with my bathroom sink tap -- when washing your hands there would be a small...
  3. Entropy

sump pump questions

As, bit of a side note. Is a long cycle better than a short cycle. I have a submersible with a separate float switch. I have set it up with the float at a very short length, which equals short frequent cycles. What are the pro's and con's to short vs. long cycles and setups? Anyone...
  4. Entropy

4 bolt toilet?

3 weeks ago I pulled the caps off to see if this was the case, and it is not there are nuts on all 4. Entropy
  5. Entropy

4 bolt toilet?

Thanks all, So, before I take the toilet outside and break it up I will make sure that the 2 near the front are anchored to the cement, and will cut them off (or unscrew them). I also, will need to measure the distance from the wall to the back set, to make sure I buy the right toilet. I...
  6. Entropy

4 bolt toilet?

Oh, I should have added that this toilet is in the basement and is sitting on the concrete floor.
  7. Entropy

4 bolt toilet?

So, What would I do? Take the toilet off and below would be a 'normal' closet flange, and just remove one set of bolts, OR do I have to replace the closet flange with one that only uses 2 bolts? Entropy
  8. Entropy

4 bolt toilet?

In my basement my toilet has 4 bolts, can I go out and buy a 2 bolt toilet and replace the 4 bolter? I have never seen one with 4 bolts, is this very unusual? Can you still buy ones with 4 bolts? Looking to put in a new 6 Liter per flush toilet. Entropy
  9. Entropy

Generator .... any good?

I have no need to power my PC (computer), but it sounds like I might be able to use my deep cycle batery from my boat and my 700 watt power inverter to power my furnace once in a while if needed. But with a wood stove in the basement it would be a pain to do simply for the "luxury" of it...
  10. Entropy

Generator .... any good?

Would my hige ef. gas furnacer count as sensitive? Entropy
  11. Entropy

Generator .... any good?

Ya, it is the second one but only paid $250 not $382 (wow!!! that's a lot more). This is bigger than the 1200 watt one I had bought from Canadian Tire. I returned it and got the one from Walmart. Same price but almost 3 times the capacity. Entropy
  12. Entropy

Generator .... any good?

Good Day, I bought a TQ 3000 watt generator at Walmart yesterday. I plan on using it only for emergency power for my sump pump and possibly freezer, perhaps at times my sewage pump or well pump. I relize I could only power one pump at a time with this generator. It says it's a 3000...
  13. Entropy

strange odor in water

Sounds like sulphur, but if it is not a rotten egg smell then perhaps you need a new pressure tank, we had a similar smell and it was a whole lot of crud in the pressure tank. Try and drain it till it is right empty. if it will not empty completely perhaps your bladder is leaking. Etropy
  14. Entropy

Pressure Tank & other

Gary, thanks. I had a 'pro' come over, yes it is an 'air bleed off' valve which is supposed to be on top of a contact tank. There is an air injector on the line between the pump and the tank. The company said a new fiberglass pressure tank installed is $500, and that includes new line...
  15. Entropy

Anyone doing much mowing right now?

:eek: Spent 3 hours shoveling the driveway the other day. Right now there is enough snow out on my lake I can't even get my ice hut to move. I did however rebuild my weed wacker 2 weeks ago, winter is good for maintenance :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks