Recent content by enriquehobart

1. enriquehobart

Lay off

Looking more and more like I will have to go (open shop) and forget about the union for a while or permanently. More than one job. Possible drastic changes to lifestyle. Might wait till AWS certified. The union has been teaching self to weld. Depression = Greed unchecked and very...
  2. enriquehobart

Lay off

Was laid off December 5th. Am a union plumbing apprentice. If I wait for the union to get something for me my bills will not get paid and my credit cards bills will grow. If I go non union I know they will not pay what I'm accustomed to...it will be a lot like starting over again and I am...
  3. enriquehobart

More plumbing archaeology questions

My latest time capsule was a gatorade container filled with gravel. I'm one of those little people and I have to walk to get to the keys on my keyboard and jump when I'm on the right letter. ....phew. hj and redwood...zup? enotsdnascire 6/15/8, 10:44pm
  4. enriquehobart

ADD and plumbing

I am diagnosed as having Attention Deficit Disorder and it is starting to make the air thick between me and foreman. That air has always been thick between myself and employers. I do not have the money to get a tutor and am not interested in taking any meds. Have any of you experienced...
  5. enriquehobart

DWV systems...a good place to start

I am a first year apprentice as far as union is concerned and have been in the trade (3 years by December). I want to learn about my trade with a system by system approach. Right now I am working on learning DWV and want to get ideas on what I will need to know about this system to pass the...
  6. enriquehobart

Sawzaw safety

I will look for my clamps tonight or encourage people to find some in their work trucks tomorrow.
  7. enriquehobart

Sawzaw safety

We are doing a job which involves the running of pipe to fan coil units. In doing so we will need to cut floor tiles which are used in rooms which house computer systems. The flooring is raised for cooling purposes. The last time we cut these tiles we used a sawzaw. One person cutting and the...
  8. enriquehobart

DWV Design Video

DWV video You did a nice job on the video and on the design of the DWV. Have fun!
  9. enriquehobart

Isometric Drawings

I have been in Plumbing near 2 years and am in the process of learning about the Drain Waste Vent systems. Can you recommend some books or internet sites which teach proper isometric drawing techniues? I would also like to find some information about the types of stack systems. Single...
  10. enriquehobart

Toilet Flange problem

A picture of your situation would have and may still be best so that if you need to you can avert a problem. I think that it is usually best to have the tile floor laid before the flange is installed in such fashion that you can still make the flange attachment without obstruction. This way...
  11. enriquehobart

Opinions on ADA Height Toilets

Too high: I've been there done that...wierd but, got the job done. Too short: For a long period of time this is guaranteed to put the legs to sleep and seems to be accompanied by back problems. Foot prints on lids: We were at a site when I was a mason's apprentice. We were all...
  12. enriquehobart

Pull Pump with Iron pipe at 370ft for less than $400?

I would go with the truck rig pulling the whole shooting match out. Then I would replace the steel pipe with the PE. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that once you have the 1.5 and PE you would be able to pull it all out for maintenance with a pump pulling wheel which is directly...
  13. enriquehobart

How to replace a foot valve?

It is possible to kink the line that is between the pitless adapter and the foot valve so do be careful by keeping it as straight as possible while pulling it out and while it is laid out on the ground.
  14. enriquehobart

Help!! Soldering problem

I will heat the fitting and watch the flux burn away; touch then with solder and it will not burn and may stick to the copper...wait a second or two and the joint will vacuum the solder in. Once I see that I have a good vacuum I tend to move the heat further away from joint to avoid overheating...
  15. enriquehobart

Expansion tank and boiler

You may have bad valves. I do believe that you are supposed to either disconnect power or stop the call for heat at the t-stat BEFORE putting the valves on manual. Putting them into the manual while the power is still on can destroy them. My other thought is that the system will need to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks