Recent content by embepe

1. embepe

Advice on converting oil boiler to gas, adding indirect water heater

Thanks to all who answered. (And hello to MN! We used to live in S. Mpls. ... with a giant old beast of a boiler, I might add!) I think our approach is going to be to go with the conversion to gas boiler (Carlin EZ) with an indirect water tank attached. The existing Smith boiler has a lifetime...
  2. embepe

Thank you - gas service already in place nearby, so hopefully that helps our bottom line.
  3. embepe

Oh, good to know... that's what was recommended. Are you saying that using the converted boiler with an indirect would be more efficient than a new, separate gas burner and new, standalone/traditional gas water heater? Thanks.
  4. embepe

Greetings all, I am new to this forum, looks like a wealth of info. General question - any opinions on this approach to improve enviro-friendliness and energy efficiency of boiler and water heater? -- Convert our 10 year old Smith 8 Series boiler from oil to gas; measuring at 83% efficiency...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks