Recent content by eldo

1. E

Can't figure out how to remove this tile

Thanks all. I ended up buying a rotary hammer and that wide chisel. It got it all up and I just decided to pull up the underlayment and replace it, in any case.
  2. E

Replacing plywood underlayment

Thank you very much folks. I'm settling on throwing down a fresh 1/2" ply layer under the Ditra. I'll have to figure out an elegant way to handle the transition from tile to carpet as the finished tile will be higher than the carpet. Thanks again!
  3. E

Thanks, nah, just plain old cold floor :)
  4. E

Wayne, thank you very much!
  5. E

Thanks Wayne. It's plywood. I'm not sure how thick but I'm going to check near my drain/overflow cutout.
  6. E

I’m remodeling my bathroom and taken up all the floor tile. The tile was laid directly on a plywood underlayment that was glued and nails to the subfloor. My plan was to lay ditra under the tile. Should I replace the plywood underlayment and then lay the ditra? Should I be using something else...
  7. E

Thank you, Jeff - The wide chisel on the impact hammer is making a difference. Definitely still gouging the plywood. Pivoting the question here, and happy to repost if this is now off-topic, but will I need to relevel the plywood with a leveling compound, before applying my decoupler? I’m just...
  8. E

Thank Jeff. I’m getting pretty aggressive and have even tried an impact hammer at this point. The wall tiles and baseboard tiles are on there with thinset and I have a good feel for the effort to get those off. I am able to get a few of these floor tiles off but I’m gouging the heck out of the...
  9. E

I'm starting a DIY bathroom renovation and I'm getting "stuck" trying to get this tile up off the floor. It doesn't seem to be applied with thinset. I'm not sure what the adhesive is but I've tried chisels, prybar, various blades on an oscillating tool and I can't do much more than damage the...
  10. E

How the heck do I remove this tile?

I'm starting to renovate my bathroom and am getting "stuck" on this floor tile. I am admittedly new at most of this but I can't seem to get these things off the floor cleanly. I've tried chisel, crowbar, oscillating tool, chisel. The adhesive doesn't seem to be a thinset. Any idea what this is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks