Recent content by Ehuddle

1. Ehuddle

Control Box Question - High Current Trip

Ok, never mind. I guess I was right. It tripped again already. They're changing the pump now.
  2. Ehuddle

Control Box Question - High Current Trip

I had a problem with my well recently where the overload relay would trip at night. Some of you on here help me figure out that the control box was bad so I replaced it and added a CSV. Recently, it started tripping again. So I replaced the caps in the box just to be sure and called the well...
  3. Ehuddle

CSV1W Back Pressure Question

Thanks. He just got me a little concerned.
  4. Ehuddle

CSV1W Back Pressure Question

I talked to a well guy after I installed a CSV1W. He seemed a little confused and concerned about the back pressure situation since the relief valve is moved to after the CSV. I told him that I researched it and hadn't seen any talk about busted pipes after installing one and he said he guessed...
  5. Ehuddle

Pump overload tripping at night

If I put the relief valve in the garage, won't I have to run some kind of drain line?
  6. Ehuddle

I found a new control box for $65. For that price, I didn't feel like messing with one part at a time. I should have it installed this weekend. Then I'll start a new post about the CSV. I can already see that I'm going to have issues with the relilef valve. I guess I didn't read enough to notice...
  7. Ehuddle

I think I'm onto something now. I found the well information on the TCEQ site (thanks valveman). I found out I have a 1.5 HP Goulds pump and verified the current draw and resistance measurments in the AIM Manual (thanks ballvalve). I also talked to a guy at the well shop and he said the readings...
  8. Ehuddle

I thought I remembered seeing some paperwork about the pump that said it was 3/4 HP but that was over 3 years ago. I can't find any info on the pump so I think I am going to replace the box and watch it like you said. Hopefully it works. Thanks for all of the information guys. This is a great forum.
  9. Ehuddle

It is a 1.5 HP control box. Centripro CB15412CR. Please excuse my ignorance but does this mean it has to be a 1.5 HP pump? I didn't find any info on the pump at the courthouse so now I have to tear my house apart or call every well service around to see if I can find who dug the well.
  10. Ehuddle

I looked up the AIM manual but I don't know if it applies to my pump yet. Due to the previously mentioned lawsuit with my builder, all of the information about my house, including the well, is at the county courthouse. At this point, I don't know for sure that I have 3/4 HP pump or who the...
  11. Ehuddle

Don't make any assumptions here. I actually had to sue the builder of my home for poor construction. I can't even figure out who dug the well because he fled to the Virgin Islands during the court case. Long story...
  12. Ehuddle

The pump has been in operation for 3 yrs as of October 16th when we moved into the newly built house. I was assuming it was the pump.
  13. Ehuddle

The softener plugs into the GFCI outlet in the garage so I don't think it's on the same circuit. Electrical is not my specialty. I'll dig into that a little more when I get home. I did manual cycle the softener and it did not trip.
  14. Ehuddle

My water softener recharges at night. The overload on the control box is what is tripping. I've tried to reproduce it by forcing the pump to cycle repeatedly with no luck. Is there anything a softener can do to cause the overload to trip?
  15. Ehuddle

As a follow up, I measured the resistance between the legs on the motor at the well head. I got 9.2 Ohms Yellow-Red, 10.2 Ohms Red-Black and 2.8 Ohms Yellow to Black.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks