Recent content by Ehlinn

1. Ehlinn

Fitting a T in a horizontal run of PVC

Just so I know, the banded couplings are rubber with a metal "band" around them, and the band has a flange with bolts through it? You don't mean the Fernco couplings with pipe clamps, right? Thanks again. I will let you know how I make out with all of this.
  2. Ehlinn

Installing extra layer of plywood

That makes sense. Thanks again. Eric
  3. Ehlinn

Thanks. Why is it important not to screw the second layer into the joists?
  4. Ehlinn

Thanks Riohyde. I have done a lot of carpentry, and general plumbing repair, but this is my first bathroom remodel. I want to do it all right the first time. Just so I have this straight, the slip couplings do not have a ridge on the inside to allow them to seat on the end of the pipe? I...
  5. Ehlinn

I need to beef up my existing subfloor before laying cement board and tile. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the best way to add the second layer of plywood to my subfloor. Should I use some sort of adhesive along with screws? Thanks
  6. Ehlinn

Any responses to my last post?
  7. Ehlinn

A plumber did all of this in the first place. This is all original, inspected plumbing. The plumbing inspection sticker is posted on my breaker box. There is a trap, it is about 4 feet from the fitting. It is difficult to see, but at the top of the T is an elbow that comes out of the...
  8. Ehlinn

Here is a pic of the tub drain running into the T on the large horizontal line. Hj, I have 2 other pictures but they are too large to post here. Maybe if you get a chance to look at them I could email them to you. Also, the big drain is 3", not 4".
  9. Ehlinn

I think I will try to take a picture of what is there now. The horizontal run has the shower drain running into it, which is vented. Then about 3 feet down the tub drain runs into the horizontal run with a t, but no vent then about 4 feet from there the batroom sink runs into the horizontal...
  10. Ehlinn

I need to run a 1.5 inch tub drain into the horizontal pipe. The old tub drain with T is already there, but I am installing a smaller tub so I have to move the drain over about foot. The large horizontal pipe runs perpendicular to the floor joists and is at the top of a wall. I was going to...
  11. Ehlinn

Are these coupling devices easy to find?
  12. Ehlinn

I have a problem, and I hope some pros out there know a trick. How do you deal with putting a T in a run of 4 inch PVC drain that has little or no play in any direction. I can cut out the section of pipe needed to fit the T, but I can't move the pipe enough to allow the T to swallow the...
  13. Ehlinn

Wax Ring or Fluidmaster waxless gasket?

I am not sure which gasket to go with, but I do know of a handy trick to keep things aligned. Slide two straws over the toilet mounting bolts. As you lower the toilet to the flange put the straws through the bolt holes on the toilet. The staws will guide you straight to the flange.
  14. Ehlinn

Dealing with flange on fiberglass shower

Thanks, that sounds good to me.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks