Recent content by edlentz

1. edlentz

Hot zones not calling for heat

How are your zones separated. Valves, pumps, ??? If valves are they stuck open? If pumps are they running same as main or HW pump?
  2. edlentz

Boiler: Valve to Automaticly Add Water

Find a Boiler installer / service company where they live. You can go to a site I lurk around alot. Heatinghelp.com They are all (most all) boiler mechanics. There is a place to find a repairman. This is NOT a DIY thing. Steam or hot water heat should be used alot more now more than ever...
  3. edlentz

Rewiring setup question.

I would not plug a RJ11 plug into a RJ45 jack. the outside of the RJ11 plug lines up with pins 1 & 8 on the RJ45 jask and it will push the pins out of the way. Eventually they will not work when you want to use them later for network. Yeah a network can run on Cat3, but if you could see how...
  4. edlentz

PEX in an exterior wall

Well, when I went to work this morning the outside temp was 0. We have had many of those and lower nights this winter. I should mention that the pex I have is from the DIY orange box. Some of the stuff they sell in short lengths. Nothing special. It is routed between the two rim joists and...
  5. edlentz

undercounter lighting

No prob CarlH, I have a couple of sets of the Halogen pucks that use the 12 v xfmr. They are about 6 years old and still work fine. But they get hot! I found these LEDS and they are great so far. I only installed them this summer so I don't have a long time with them. Good luck
  6. edlentz

PEX in an exterior wall

As for insulation I just used r13 fiberglass as I remember. This is the first winter so over the long haul we will see. Although I am pretty certain the pex will hold up over time. If the heat won't migrate from the inside out then the cold shouldn't either, right? Time will tell if I was...
  7. edlentz

undercounter lighting

Those LED strips are 120 v with no xfrmr. I installed switched outlets in my cabinets and plugged into them. I got them at a DIY place called Men ard's (put those last two words together).
  8. edlentz

PEX in an exterior wall

Well, I'll tell you I had the same delemma (sp?) I had to run lines into an outside wall for a kitchen sink instead of going through the floor to the basement. I ran copper to a set of valves and used sharkbites to connect the pex. A nice sweep into the wall up about 20" to a copper 90 and out...
  9. edlentz

undercounter lighting

Here's what I found locally at a DIY store (not the Blue or orange box) http://zilotek.com/led_striplight.htm
  10. edlentz

undercounter lighting

I got some inline LED strip lights. A 15" with 21 leds (I think) fits perfectly under the cabinet. They are powered by 110, no transformer. Not dimmable but at about 1 watt per strip we can leave them on forever.
  11. edlentz

Is methane dangerous when cutting cast iron?

Nah the girlfriends are lucky. Stress does factor into it for sure, tho. But, being an auto immune disease it pretty much does what it likes.. when it likes. It took a ruptured bowel for them to diagnose it, REALLY bad that year was. She had it for about 20 years before then, and "it was all...
  12. edlentz

Yeah some tools work well for some and not so much for others. I use my Recip saw alot for other things. Also , there was too much info in that last message from you Rugged! Although we just redid the bathroom and I had never thought of a Bidet! Maybe that will come. Thanks
  13. edlentz

Rugged-- The pipe was gone. It was messy though! Really old CI I am married to a wonderful woman who has Chrons disease and believe me when I work on the waste systems in the house I need to get it back in service in a hurry! The blade I bought was crap. I also found other uses for the...
  14. edlentz

How to purge air from hydronic home runs

I have a hydronic in floor system. I have only had to purge the air only when I made some changes. I suspect that if you shut off the flow on the zones that are flowing and open the drains it will eventually purge tha air bubble. I had a DIY towel warmer and it took about 15 minutes to get...
  15. edlentz

I am NOT a plumber but I tried to cut a 4" CI pipe with my Recip saw. It didn't work to good. I went to HD and got a diamond blade for my angle grinder and within 3 minutes that sucker was gone. Word to the wise WEAR a face shield whatever way you do it. Have you considered using PEX?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks