Recent content by ecpgroup

1. ecpgroup

Bad Iron problem, what to do

yes i would like to know what you have gone for as well? i am glad its working well hope it does in 2 years time or 2 months time thats the sign of a good system. you have to see that people where only trying to help you and did not want to offer you something that did not work or cure you...
  2. ecpgroup

just because the Ph is 6 this does not mean it will eat the pipes. believe it or not we have some jobs where scale forms on pipes because the water is still hard and the water is 5.Ph the filter will block after the injector hence why Mr shaksby invented this filter where it has had UK...
  3. ecpgroup

Selecting a Submersible Pump

i have done a few jobs like this mostly celler dewatering as it can be a big problem with high water tables over here in the uk. we have done as you say dug around the edges removed 18" of soil filled with gravel to act like a french drain then run it to a low point with a small tank and pump...
  4. ecpgroup

see how much difference between the hand held tests! a Ph of 6 is not so bad. i would then use a continuous aerating mixed bed filter with Ph and sirm (brim in USA). out of interest what system was the kinetico one? have you had a manganese reading taken? regards max
  5. ecpgroup

yes potassium is very bad its my last choice of filter. if the Ph was not so bad then i would not try it. i would use a continuous aeration unit. does the iron settle in glass in left for hrs? whats the water taste like very iron rich? regards max
  6. ecpgroup

so what is the iron then? if no body knows how the hell are you surposed to treat it. have a lab do a full report and test water not just on site test. an inderpendent report. if its not iron bacteria the mg filter will work fine. but seeing as though all you want to do is keep using chlorine...
  7. ecpgroup

825 Foot Deep Well

glued joints that depth is mental. we have used a pipe called centra lock from usa on quite deep holes it uses o rings and nylon cords. or galv steel on those depths you would need flanged pipes. i cant belive a 3/4 hp pump would be the right choice of pump. do you have 3phase electric? i...
  8. ecpgroup

use manganese greensand filter,then phup unit to get back to 7, then softner, then uv then ro under the sink unit. water will be clear and good these are the units we sell www.shakesby.net trouble is uk only i am affraid. a lot of the stuff from the usa seems to be very old and looks...
  9. ecpgroup

Low Pressure/low volume

a quick fix gauge just pop it on to the air inlet valve on the pressure tank. this will tell you the line pressure. dissconect the pipe work and run the pump into a bucket and time it how long it take to fill 3 gallons divide this by 3600 x 3 is gph of pump. work out pwl and this will tell you...
  10. ecpgroup

Sand filling up well, how to clean??

air lift the bore with a rotory rig and foam injection. what is the pumping water level? pump should only be as deep as needed. really needs to be kept in the plain section. if it was a sand bore and stocking has not been put around the casing if its a fully cased bore then this may allow sand...
  11. ecpgroup

Iron Filter questions

sounds like a very big sand filter. whats inside the tank?
  12. ecpgroup

Loud clunking when pump turns on

all depends if its a shallow well or deep bore. could be valve on pump not holding? running back so getting water hammer, maybe try a soft start on system. or if you have 2 nrv they could be cycling between each other. reagrds max
  13. ecpgroup

quick run time

very strange did you seem to let much air out to drop it down to 38psi ?
  14. ecpgroup

Do Pumps usually have a warranty?

in the uk we give 12months some of our pumps have a 5year warranty.subject to correct installation and not pumping any sand or fluid it is not intended to.
  15. ecpgroup

pump sounds locked up.

sorry when i said ballrace what i was meaning is a standard ballbearing motor. intreasting idea that ballrace motor pity it has no use. i dont know if you have worked out i am from the uk! some terms and wording are very diffrent from usa to uk. cheers max
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks