Recent content by eastinway

1. eastinway

Help...Rusted fitting won't come off...Do I need a plumber?

So do I still spray the fitting with PB Blaster before using the hacksaw? Thanks very much for all the replies to my dilema. My question is do I still use the PB Blaster on the corrided part and then use the hacksaw on it? ho hum ..... when will I resolve this issue:(
  2. eastinway

Thanks HJ...let's see if this PB Blaster does the trick. I am due for a new washing machine down the road.
  3. eastinway

Where can I purchase PB Blaster? Thanks very much Gary for your reply ... do you know if Home Depot or Lowes carries PB Blaster or do I have to go to a plumbing supply place?
  4. eastinway

Hi folks, The hot water hose on my very old washing machine broke spilling water all over the basement. The hose itself is completely off but the fitting is rusted and will not come off. I tried soaking it with WD-40 and it still won't come off. Do I need to contact a plumber?:confused:
  5. eastinway

For new roof and siding, Do I hire two separate contractors?

Thanks for your replies, I did find a rebuilding contractor that is family owned and run in my area and I know one of the employees. This contractor does siding and roofing and also will be rebuilding my side stairs. He was the only contractor that went up to my attic and looked under the...
  6. eastinway

For new roof and siding, Do I hire two separate contractors?

Hi, Single female homeowner here again.....everyone has been so nice with all of your advice to my questions that now I am thinking.....should I hire separate contractors....i.e. a siding contractor and a roofing contractor instead of just one company that does both? I would think that...
  7. eastinway

Got contractors estimates, but will they charge extra to remove shingles?

Thanks everyone.....great suggestions. I appreciate it!
  8. eastinway

Ballpark figure for new siding and roof, anyone?

I'm in Massachusetts......and I have had this home for 16 years now. I found these contractors at a local "home show." They came with a good presentation, siding samples and photos of before and after jobs. I'll keep interviewing.
  9. eastinway

Reply to Frenchi To make this simple: I have received (2) estimates from 2 different contractors for siding and new roof. Both contractors DO NOT want to remove the wood shingles and the roof shingles.....just simply go over the existing material. Will the price go higher if I hire them...
  10. eastinway

Hi folks, I need more opinions please being a single female homeowner....I am in the process of having my home vinyl sided and also my roof reshingled. I have received several estimates (proposals), some including removal of existing wood shingles and some with no removal just going over...
  11. eastinway

Ballpark figure for new siding and roof, anyone?

Hi folks, As stated before I am a single female homeowner living in the New England area. My home is a small Cape Cod style home. It has the original roof along with the original wood shingles. My question is: Can someone provide me with a ballpark figure of what it would cost to...
  12. eastinway

Vinyl siding---should I remove the old shingles first?

Thanks Gary.....should they remove the roof shingles also? Thanks very much for your reply......I am getting a new roof and my question is: Some of the contractors say that they will go over the existing roof shingles and some would remove them. What does one do in this case....it is the...
  13. eastinway

Vinyl siding---should I remove the old shingles first?

Hi folks, Single female homeowner here with a question about vinyl siding my home.. Currently I have wood shingles on the house (a small cape cod style home). The shingles on part of the home are cracked and worn so instead of painting again I'd like to just to put vinyl siding on the...
  14. eastinway

Should I insulate attic first or install vinyl siding

Many thanks Frenchie for your suggestion about independent contractors. I will make it a point do that. Thanks again Scuba and HJ also for your replies....this website is great!:)
  15. eastinway

Should I insulate attic first or install vinyl siding

Thanks again Scuba Dave.....you sound live a diver....great diving in Rockport, MA, beautiful part of New England. My attic is quite large, and yes it has the original wood floors down, it still remains in the original condition from when it was built, just fiberglass insulation in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks