Recent content by Earl

1. Earl

Recirculating Pump gone bad?

No the pump is not bad, this is normal for the most popular Laing brand. The reason is that when the unit senses the hot temperature supply drops below some threshold, it pumps this (now warm) water into the cold line until the temperature rises back up to the predetermined hot temperature. In...
  2. Earl

Is san-T in vent run allowed?

I don't plan on rotating #12 to tie it into a street sanitary tee in pipe #5. I'm going to basically follow the Reach4 plan with san-T at #12, clean-out somewhere along #13, and combo / clean-out at #4. thanks everyone.
  3. Earl

Yep, that's my plan. The question is whether I can use a san-T for fitting #12.
  4. Earl

Sorry it wasn't clear. The construction is raised foundation with girders on post-piers supporting floor joists. The sink cabinetry is against a half height wall that transitions to a standard wall a few feet to the right. This wall is where the plumbing resides. The wall is parallel to...
  5. Earl

3/4" or 1/2" to shower valve vacinity

When I did my kids bathroom bath/shower I used 1/2" copper for an approximate 8' length. Although the flow is fine, I did end up with a high pitched whine when in use. I read somewhere and believe this might be due to a combination of the smaller 1/2" pipe and a small protrusion of solder...
  6. Earl

Thanks HJ. I’m not sure I understood this part. Are you saying: delete #2, rotate #12 clockwise 90 deg, flip horizontally (so flow is to right), connect to an added san-T just above 4? That would make sense. But because I have to route around a girder below the wall, the added san-T can’t be...
  7. Earl

HELP I got Sand in my pipes!

I live in a sandy area as well and frequently have gotten sand in my water lines. Usually, fully turning the water on (hot and cold) flushes the sand out. However, as you indicate, to make that work you have to be aware of the small filters/areators in some faucets. Unscrewing this (carefully...
  8. Earl

Thanks! So it is fitting in question is #12. Some other specifics: I was planning on a combo with cleanout for #4. Since I can't place a cleanout at location #15 I was thinking of adding a cleanout/test fitting just above #12 after the 45 deg bend but below the floor (the crawlspace under...
  9. Earl

Sorry, this part confused me. Where is the "takeoff" your are referring to? The first part of your post seems to say I must use a Combo T-Wye's for the "Foot vent" connection at the return vent loop but this also appears to be the "takeoff" to me. It is below the flood line. In my...
  10. Earl

For an island sink waste and vent I'm using the recommended approach that is posted in many locations (see attached). However this application is not an island but rather against a pony wall in an open floor plan. The pony wall flows into the main load bearing post. Since I can't drill...
  11. Earl

Kitchen sink/disposer DWV with two san-T's

Come to think of it, in a kitchen scenario if each basin is attached via p-trap into a two vertical san-T configuration, one could argue that this isn't a wet vent scenario. That is becasue both basens are serviced by one faucet. Practically speaking, only one or the other san-T is in use at...
  12. Earl

This is what Terry showed in one of the plans on this site (don't recall where). So your saying a vertical orientation can not work? I though that was the whole idea of the wet vent with 'one pipe size larger'! Sorry - I'm confused.
  13. Earl

So, if I understand this correctly I'd have to transistion to a 3" between the two san-T's? ... That is, have my (now) 1 1/2" vent line transition to a 2" san-T, then transition to the 3" section, then transition back to a 2" san-T, and finally follow through with 2" piping to the main line...
  14. Earl

This is what I was wondering about and perhaps the reason I only saw the configuration only once in all the web searching I did (see attached from carnationconstruction). However, to follow up. If the wet vent is 2", as I plan, and the trap is only the standard 1 1/2" shouldn't the wet vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks