Recent content by E-man

1. E-man

Trap Adapter Cap Leak

Jim and HJ, You both seem to agree on the cut and melt approach, sounds logical to me, so that's what I will do. Thanks for helping out another retired aerospace engineer, (1955-1985).
  2. E-man

Trap Adapter Cap Leak

Please elaborate on "lots of ways to remove the plastic pipe". You were right about "unscrewing that brass fitting"; can't get any leverage, even with 18" pipe wrench. It would be a lot easier if I disconnect the two sinks and remove the entire cabinet, but that would be the exreme last resort...
  3. E-man

Trap Adapter Cap Leak

Well, I have stuck a short handled tool into the plastic pipe and torqued it until it deflects. No movement. I have beat on it with a 2-lb rubber hammer. No movement, just deflection. Presently, I see only two options: 1. Try to remove the brass adapter, assuming that the CI is threaded...
  4. E-man

Trap Adapter Cap Leak

Thanks, HJ and Tom S. Twist & pull is not working. I can just barely reach it from the front of the cabinet to pull, but can only twist with wrists. With my head and shoulders in the cabinet, I can twist a bit, but not pull and my back complains. I wonder if this tube could have been glued...
  5. E-man

Trap Adapter Cap Leak

I have a brass desanco fitting into a cast iron stub-out. An ABS elbow fits into the desanco with a nut and flange on the other end. The brass desanco cap has a crushed seal (part of the cap) with a hole in it. The plastic elbow will not move; its stuck. Are these glued in place or what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks