Recent content by DW85745

1. DW85745

Pressure Assist Toilet and Water Clearing

I posted this in toilet forum but didn't show up for some reason. I've got a small belly in a three (3) inch line where it runs under the main beam of the house. Camera shows water is about one (1) inch deep in the belly. Will a pressure assist toilet push (clear) the water out of the belly...
  2. DW85745

Belly in 3 inch Line - Will Pressure Assist Keep Clear?

There is a 3 inch line running under the main beam of the house. Camera indicates about 1 inch of standing water in the line at this point. Line can't be adjusted higher because of main beam. ======= Question ======= Will a pressure assist toilet have enough pressure after flush to clear or...
  3. DW85745

Metal Potable Water Valve Shutoff Similar to Water Sprinkler Valve

As title states I'm looking for a low voltage, electrically activated shut off value to install in a potable water line. While I could use the Plastic ones used with Sprinkler systems, I am trying to locate metals ones. Pipe sizes 3/4 and 1/2 inch. Thanks
  4. DW85745

Terry Love- cancer update

My condolences. What else can I say other than mother nature has a plan for us all. Lost my Mother to COVID in 2021, and lost my sight in my left eye to Choroidal Melanoma in 2016. Don't know if this will help ANY, but based on my research ALL cancers are a function of cell divisions gone...
  5. DW85745

Intermittent slow drain 1.5 years

I'd call someone who can do a visual (video inspection) on the inside of the line. Had a situation 15 years back where backups were occurring intermittently.. Turned out whoever did the original plumbing job used ABS from the street to the house. However, to make the street connection (House...
  6. DW85745

Kitchen Strainer Ring Removal

I find Multi-Tool works great for subfloors just over the floor joints, as you can control the depth better sawsall.
  7. DW85745

THE BEST I FOUND: Remembered my Father always contended vibration works great for stuck bolts. So took the multi-tool and used the blade on its side, NOT the cut end and vibrated the ring. Worked like a charm. Broke those deposits loose., Ring came right off with little effort. I guess us old...
  8. DW85745

Mr. Young thanks for responding. This is the Non Basket type where the nut is tight (other than seal) to bottom of the sink Because of drop on kitchen cabinet hard to get sawsall in. Was just curious whether a torch would be quicker and save a bit of a mess (metal shavings) Two concerns is...
  9. DW85745

I guess I haven't been eating my Wheaties. This strainer ring (stainless steel sink) appears to have been leaking some time and is really on there. I can try and cut it off, but someone recommended heating it with a torch for a minute or two and it would come off. Biggest concern I have, is...
  10. DW85745

Identifying Shower Leak

wwhitney thanks for responding. This is a corner shower. The two back walls are imitation marble. The two side are glass framed by aluminum. All walls sit on a fiberglass shower pan. The pan weep holes are NOT plugged. The leak areas appear to be coming from the glass to aluminum seal on both...
  11. DW85745

Identifying Shower Leak

1) Anyone have any good tips to ID a shower leak. Right now, I'm using blue painters tape and covering over the various areas (surround to wall, over glass and rubber seal, surround to shower pan, etc) then running the water and seeing if I can id the leak. Run water, then gradually remove...
  12. DW85745

Remove Rectorseal #5

As indicated in post #4, want to remove the Rectorseal so I can look at the threads. Have tied another seat BTW. Looking at Rectorseal MSDS uses some type of alcohol as a base. So going to give some 100 proof drinking alcohol a try and see what it does as far a dissolving. While the valve...
  13. DW85745

An interesting septic root issue

I ran into this issue for my own septic tank around 2007. Had a 40 yo mesquite tree that after undercovering the tank lid and digging around the lid down about 6 inches, found roots had raised the lid 3 inches on one side. Amazing the strength of the roots as they grow. In my case, I...
  14. DW85745

PEX experts (3/4 inch) I have a question for you...

That's what I would suggest depending on your attic temperature. HOwever, you need to think of some kind of backup in case power goes out -- especially for an extended period. Also maybe wrapping piping with a H2O heater blanket / insulation might help a bit depending on attic temp. One...
  15. DW85745

Drain Pipe is higher than sink. Any thoughts?

I'm with jadnashua: 1) I would NOT tear into the wall and try and relocate the drainage. Since a basement, you have no idea what is behind the wall and how it was drained and hence may run into a major job depending on how it was plumbed. 2) I go for raising the sink. Rather than some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks