Recent content by dvddiva

1. dvddiva

Vapor Barrier or Not

Thanks Dana. I guess I wasn't that clear. The house is vinyl sided and behind that is plywood. I live in southern Ontario in an area called Fort Erie. ( right at the border with Buffalo NY). The entire exterior wall will be covered with the moisture retardent 1/2" sheetrock except in the...
  2. dvddiva

Back-up baseboard heaters

Thank you jw. The heater is more a decoration and is not being used as the only source of heat. I am remodeling the bathroom and then will be selling my home. I have never needed to turn that heater on, but a prospective buyer will run far and wide if he doesn't see a heat source in that...
  3. dvddiva

Back-up baseboard heaters

Thank you JW.I haven't laugh so hard in a long time. You are hilarious. Just a good ole boy with a rocket scientist brain? Here's my question. I removed an old electric baseboard heater that was in my bathroom. I wish to replace it with the correct sized heater. The old one says 240volt, 500...
  4. dvddiva

Vapor Barrier or Not

I now this question has been asked a thousand times, but it seems even on this site, some people say yes and some people say no. Here is my specific situation. I live in a cold climate ( Canada). My home was built in 1954 and has siding on the outside. I am going to put in a corner shower...
  5. dvddiva

Kohler Memoirs 12" toilet - 10" old toilet. Help ?

The house was built in 1954 and was oringinally a cottage. Many of the homes out here are the same age, but have been updated.It seems I am one of the last to do a bathroom reno. I have been living in this house for only two yrs. Everything in the bathroom looks like it came from an odds...
  6. dvddiva

Dumapan Panels for shower stall

Thanks Jadnashua, The shower I am going to install is 34" by 42". Only 2 walls have to have dens shield.The other 2 are glass. There is no external venting except a small window which is inside the shower. The room is only 7'x 6'. I removed the wall farthest from the current bathtub shower...
  7. dvddiva

Thank you Terry. The man who will be doing the work told me that where we both live, it is a common problem that he has worked on many times. I was actually, originally, thinking of doing the work myself. Not now that I know what a big deal it is. Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.
  8. dvddiva

Returning the Kohler is NOT an option.
  9. dvddiva

Thanks Reach 4. The distance from the wall to the first set of bolts holding the toilet down is 10 1/4 ".There is NO gap between the tank and the wall.It is pressed tightly against the wall. It is a 4 bolt toilet. The name is Canadian Potteries Ltd. Probably one year older than God.What's...
  10. dvddiva

These panels join together via a snap and click method. There is NO gap between the panels. They will be resting inside the floor pan and will be sealed with a latex or silicone based solution. These panels are used in car washes because they are 99 % waterproof and they are very easily...
  11. dvddiva

I purchased the Kohler K-10494 toilet. It is elongated and has comfort height. It is made for a 12" rough in, but the current toilet is a 10 " rough in. Can you tell me specifically what adapter I can use to make the necessary adjustment ? The Kohler spec sheet says the distance from the...
  12. dvddiva

I am going to put Dumapan panels inside my Maax ( Azure 34" x 42" ) corner stall. There will be no tiles anywhere in the bathroom. I simply want to paint the walls. Can anyone tell me if a special paint is required for a bathroom. Also there seems to be a debate as to what type of drywall...
  13. dvddiva

Shower stall replacement

If you would consider going a little smaller,you might want to try showers by Maax.
  14. dvddiva

American Standard transfer or diverter valve?

Thanks for the info.guys.I just found out that American Standard makes an R430 diverter valve.It has 3 openings. Wouldn't that solve my problem? If it does,it will make my day. ANY help on this would really be great !!! Thank You
  15. dvddiva

American Standard transfer or diverter valve?

Thank you for the info.it is greatly appreciated.I looked behind the wall of my current set up and found that the 3 taps are all lined up and set into a single holder for all 3.It seems quite straight forward.Unfortunately I can't use the set up because somebody changed the piping from 1/2 "...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks