Recent content by DuWayne

1. D

Mixing different irrigation systems?

Thanks for the help. I actually talked to the company that installed the system originally. Thankfully they keep records for ten years, if they don't hear anything from the customer and were able to advise me (this is a four year old system). So they told me that we could get away with a...
  2. D

bathroom supply leak

I have struggled with leaky threads on a lot of occasions. I have found that after a certain point, tightening it further is just going to make matters worse. I have found that when tying into old, dope can make the difference. I prefer to use the compound that is compatible with ABS and...
  3. D

durrock climatization

My general response to that sort of thing, is to just smile and tell them that I would be happy to let that acclimate. If asked what I think of the idea, I explain that there really isn't any reason to - but if they have reason to believe it should I am more than happy to do it to their...
  4. D

Do you guys caulk lead vent pipes????

Don't Caulk the Boot Speaking as a very experienced roofer, turned handyman - caulking the boot to the pipe is a bad idea. It is a very good way to end up with damaged plumbing in the event that the roof is torn off. I realize by the fact that you're using lead boots that you have a...
  5. D

Adding Laundry Room Drain to Kitchen Drain

If you are concerned about inspections then you really need to find out the relevant local code. It will work just fine to combine them, but it may not be allowed in your area - it's not in mine. If your not concerned about selling your house or having building inspectors in, then use the sink...
  6. D

Mixing different irrigation systems?

The issue that I am dealing with is basically one plant on the very corner of the property is not getting much water. It is on the lowest terrace of a stepped retaining wall while the sprinkler that waters that area is at the top of the retaining wall. Everything around this plant gets plenty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks