Recent content by Dungmin

1. D

Float Switch Failure- Take Two

This forum has been a great help in times past in providing guidance for setting up float switches in a cistern. I have a dry hole for a well, with the well pump (protected) flowing into a cistern from which a house supply pump pressurizes storage tanks. Initially I had one float switch acquired...
  2. D

Float Switch Failure

Gentlemen, Sorry to be in absentia for the later responses, but to verify- this is a float switch in a cistern. I've got our well pump pumping into a cistern (the well is a "dry hole" with the submersible pump protected by a Pumptec). The float switch controls the well pump with a separate...
  3. D

Float Switch Failure

Thank you much gentlemen. As consent is unanimous, I've obviously got some upgrading to do. Quick question- is there an alarm switch you could point me to? I could improvise, but if there's an easier way I'm all for easy. Thanks again!
  4. D

Float Switch Failure

Fourteen months after successfully installing a float switch in my cistern to control the water level fed by a well pump (credit due to members of this forum who patiently saw me through the exercise), the switch evidently failed me last night as I awoke to an inch of water in my finished...
  5. D

Contactor Question

I don't know if this question might be better posed on an electrical forum, but here goes: With my newly installed (cistern) float switch controlling a definite purpose contactor which provides power to a Pumptec protector, I am observing the following: when the water level drops from laundry...
  6. D

Float Switch Question

Thanks guys. As the weather is no longer balmy and I'm short on enthusiasm for moving that roughly 500 lb. concrete cistern lid again, I may be willing to live with a less than optimum water level for a spell. Appreciate the input! DM Afton, Virginny
  7. D

Float Switch Question

Many thanks in tardy fashion, Bob. I guess I need to don the wetsuit (if only I had one) and descend into the cistern for a re-adjustment of the switch. Thanks again. DM Afton, Virginny
  8. D

Float Switch Question

Having "completed" my well-to-cistern project I have a question after observing the operation of the float switch itself. Before installing the switch I tested it in-hand with a Fluke meter and it would consistently activate at anything short of vertical. I have slowly been filling the cistern...
  9. D

Fitting Question

Thank you for your rapid reply, Cass; that fitting sounds by-passable to me! Your query had me spooked, to I had to look: Thanks again! DM
  10. D

Fitting Question

Greetings again, folks. I am deep into my well discharge pipe-to-cistern project which thus far has gone swimmingly with much thanks to this forum. I am approaching the final connection stage and need to ask if anyone could advise me on this fitting: The black poly coming in from the left is...
  11. D

Well pump dead?

I'm a newbie neophyte to this forum and to plumbing in general, but make my living in an electro-mechanical world. That most certainly is a start capacitor, and a leaking capacitor is a toasted capacitor. If you can't find one locally McMaster-Carr has your cap for $4.54 (p/n 7245K105) and were...
  12. D

Discharge Pipe Into Cistern

Welp, if I were to retract and rephrase my question, it would be: "Is power-cycling a plug-in transformer considered taboo?" Speedbump, I had seen your illustration elsewhere but couldn't make it out clearly. I believe you have provided me with my solution. Thanks(!) from a Tampa native. DM...
  13. D

Me (post originator) again, and my ignorance is still showing. I ordered a liquid level float switch from McMaster-Carr (p/n 51445K91), along with a high amp, 24v control voltage relay. My line of thinking was that I could get a normally closed loop out of the float switch which I could run 24...
  14. D

Gentlemen, Thanks for your insight. I will take all of this into account as I go into this project. I do have a Pumptec for protection on the well pump, but hadn't given any thought to protecting the cistern pump. I appreciate your help and this forum! DM Afton, Virginny
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks