Recent content by DuneSlider

1. DuneSlider

Frost burst hose bib internally I think?

Well, not much option there either. This is the only possible location on the front of the house. In order to clear duct work it would have to be moved to the side of the house and the only available areas are over windows, which probably isn't a good idea. I guess I have to cross my...
  2. DuneSlider

Actually, I usually am better about removing the hose. We had an early frost/snow storm and I neglected to check one of the hoses. Maybe I have been lucky but I still can't see how I could leave an access. I will make sure on the next house the plumber and HVAC guys don't cover each others...
  3. DuneSlider

Well, I got the duct work all out. I had to pull about three feet of the main trunk and a small portion of two other runs to get to the problem. No chance I could leave an access. If it happens again I will have to just tear it all out again. I will be more diligent about removing the hose...
  4. DuneSlider

That's what I was afraid of! I figured it was going to need to be accessed from inside. This is going to require a lot of duct removal to gain access. Glad I caught this now and not in the spring when the basement would have been done. Thanks for the help, time to do some demo.
  5. DuneSlider

I needed to fill a bucket up and hooked my hose up to my outdoor hose bib. I turned the water on and there seemed to be a lack of pressure, I then noticed water pouring out of the joint between my stucco and foundation. I then went inside to find a lot of water coming out from behind the...
  6. DuneSlider

Vibrations in plumbing lines

The locknut wasn't tight, so I am guessing the adjustment has slowly been going out. Adjusted it and tightened the locknut, initial test showed no vibrations.
  7. DuneSlider

I was curious if the PRV could be could be the problem. I will try adjusting it and see what happens. Thanks for the tip! Bryan
  8. DuneSlider

My house is a little over two years old and just after the one year mark a vibration started in the plumbing lines when water is turned on. At first is wasn't too big of a deal so I didn't worry about it. It only did it on cold days and once it warmed up it would stop. It has gotten worse...
  9. DuneSlider

P-trap distance from drain

I am over from the Johnbridge forum. I am moving a tub drain for a shower. I have to move it two feet horizontal. I can't just put a 90 in then two feet of pipe and then 90 back up to the drain. Guessing that isn't any good. So, I have dug down about two feet into pea gravel and haven't...
  10. DuneSlider

New AC system and charge?

He did say he checked everything out and it just needed a charge. His comment was they must not have checked it when they installed it. He did come in and look at everything inside too. I guess I can only wait and see if this guy knew what he was doing? I do know he hooked the gauges up this...
  11. DuneSlider

New AC system and charge?

I built a new house last summer and had a Carrier heating and central air system installed. I fired up the system this summer after having it off all winter and it ran but didn't cool. The tech came by and told me it just needed a charge. He said the units are supposed to be shipped with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks