Recent content by DumbOnPlumbing

1. DumbOnPlumbing

Fleck 5600sxt overfilling brine tank

Rkulp89 did you get this resolved? My Fleck 5600sxt brine tank water level is also consistently over the salt level. Thanks.
  2. DumbOnPlumbing

New Water Heater - Scale, High pH / Alkalinity

Fairly certain it's ppm because there was some equation you have to do to figure it out. Plus the report for the softened waters says the total hardness is low.
  3. DumbOnPlumbing

Thanks Smooky. The softened water was 7.8 with total hardness at 4. The unsoftened was 7.6 with total hardness at 395.
  4. DumbOnPlumbing

Thanks Reach 4. Where does one get the Corrosivity ( Langelier or Ryznar ) test?
  5. DumbOnPlumbing

We moved into new construction 9/1. We have plastic tube PEX plumbing. Recently had the control on our Bradford White replaced and at that time our new plumber took a look at the rods in the tank with a camera. He was amazed they had a lot of scale (looks like calcium) on them already. I have...
  6. DumbOnPlumbing

Who's Lying? Well Pump & Tank

New Diagrams OK, What I think you're saying is this... Any reason I couldn't Tee off right at the top before the water even travels down to the tank? Also, any idea how this might effect inside water pressure while the 4 or 5 outside spigots are running? Thanks for all your help...
  7. DumbOnPlumbing

Larger Pipes, Etc. OK, sorry I've lost track of all the different advice from the posts. I really wasn't ignoring them, the thread has just gotten so long. Below are two photos of what I think you're describing Bob NH. Please let me know if you see any red flags in my interpretation. Are you...
  8. DumbOnPlumbing

Good News / Bad News The good news is tightening the screw to adjust cut-in to 50 and cut-off to 70 and adding the extra 10psi to the tank via bicycle pump DEFINITELY increased my water pressure outside. The bad news, the pump is cutting on every 30-35 seconds now instead of once every...
  9. DumbOnPlumbing

So if my bladder runs 40-60 and when the tank is drained the pressure is 37 what should I increase/decrease the pressure to before bumping up the cutoff pressure to 70? Sorry to sound so stupid but there has been so many suggestions and I don't want to fry my system. By the way I'm pretty sure...
  10. DumbOnPlumbing

Upping pressure So you are all saying I should bump up the pressure in my tank from like 37 to 47 if I increase the cut off PSI from 60 to 70. Just making sure. Thanks.
  11. DumbOnPlumbing

OK, my screen name is DumbonPlumbing for a reason. How the heck do I adjust the pressure? Tighten one or both of these threads with the springs in the picture? Once I know how to bump it up to 70 I'll do it and follow further instructions about the faucets. Also, noticed earlier the...
  12. DumbOnPlumbing

Quick update; Tank Pressure Finally got a chance to check the tank pressure tonight. Before draining: 53.0 After draining 37.0 So is that the general consensus, bigger faucet heads and bumping up the pressure switch? Thanks all. Pictures of faucet heads to follow.
  13. DumbOnPlumbing

Thanks? Head Spinning. OK. Lots of opposing opinions now. I think what I'm hearing is... 1. Replace the pipe lines to the spigots with a larger size. 2. Insert the CSV. (Not sure where. After or before the existing pressure switch?) Both of which I'll have to get a plumber to do. Could...
  14. DumbOnPlumbing

Thanks & Updated Pictures! Please know how much hope you have given my wife and I. We've been given so much run-around from these well companies. You're really helping us out. Here are new pictures. The pipe leading to the two exterior spigots is definitely smaller in diameter than the other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks