Recent content by Duane

1. D

Opening a Kitchen and Living room wall

Hey Scuba Dave, Thanks for your help. I do have solid support under the the supporting studs. I had only planned on going with two 2x4 to mount the beam on but adding a third shouldn't be a problem. I would think two 8" lvl would be enough support but I may try talking with some other lumber...
  2. D

Hi Seattle, Thanks for you help. Maybe I better clarify. What I am looking to support is a ceiling joist. These are joists 16'' on center that go from outside wall to outside wall and the ceiling sheet rock is hung from this. This is also a flat ceiling. One room width is 13' and the other...
  3. D

I am starting to open the wall between my kitchen and my living room. This is a top floor with nothing above the wall in the attic except for 2x6 ceiling rafters running the 25' wide of the two rooms (two lengths of rafters that are nailed together directly above the wall I want to remove)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks