Recent content by dtravis2

1. dtravis2

Bathroom Sink leak at P-trap

Thanks Gary. Do you have a picture or a link online showing how it can be accomplished with 45 degree fitting? I am a no plumber, but am willing to try it, just don't want to make things worse if too complex. I also noticed last night that there is a slight drip now where the pipe enters the...
  2. dtravis2

Bathroom Sink leak at P-trap

Good evening. Our bathroom sink was stinking because of all the gunk in it, so I took it apart and cleaned out the plumbing. In reassemble, I had some issues where the P-trap and some kind of accordion tube (was here when I bought the place) meet. It's basically standing water. It doesn’t...
  3. dtravis2

Flange diameter too wide / Wax ring problem

I tried the method I posted about, but it just smelled funny downstairs and I wasn't sure why, so I have decided to try HJ's and Wjcandee's idea of using PVC pipe and a filling in around it with the compound/epoxy/stuff. With that said, I measure the diameter of the hole, and it is 3 3/4"...
  4. dtravis2

Well, update on my update. I have had no leaking issues (but have yet to give it the "ultimate test"), but now it smells in the room, and I am guessing sewer gasses are leaking out somehow.. May have to try HJ's solution. I've done a search for
  5. dtravis2

Just wanted to update this post with my solution just in case someone has a similar problem. I ended up buying two #1 wax rings, cutting one, extending it around the flange as much as I could, then cutting a piece off the other ring and finishing the circle, placing the bolts through the wax...
  6. dtravis2

Just wanted to update this post with my solution just in case someone has a similar problem. I ended up buying two #1 wax rings, cutting one, extending it around the flange as much as I could, then cutting a piece off the other ring and finishing the circle, placing the bolts through the wax. I...
  7. dtravis2

HJ: So you would use the "plastic/epoxy" paste to join the lead pipe/pvc and ALSO to seal around the pipe? Sorry, I am a DIYer and nervous about this stuff. Just want to get it right Also, another plumber has suggested buying two #1 wax rings, cutting them, and combining them so they have...
  8. dtravis2

HJ: Thank you for your reply. What would you use to "seal" around it? Also, could you link to a picture of the "lead joint" substitute? Thank you again for taking time.
  9. dtravis2

I see. I will have to use two, because when I tried to use one, it would just get pushed down into that "lip (picture 1)" of the flange as shown in the second picture. It's almost as if the wax ring/rubber is not big enough so it just gets pushed down in there. The pipe looks pretty rusty...
  10. dtravis2

Jadnashua: The flange is on top of the finished floor, which is good (tough to see that in the picture). With the wax rings, would you have the one with the funnel be the first one inside the flange, and the second to just sit on top of that? Also, would you put it on the toilet before...
  11. dtravis2

I have tried to replace the wax ring probably three times in the basement bathroom (concrete floor), but have found that it is leaking. I just assumed that I was installing the wax ring wrong, so I bought more wax rings (wax ring with rubber flange w/ 40% more wax). While I was about to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks