Recent content by dsk

1. dsk

Pressure Tank Empties, Pauses, Fills...

The pipe dope angle might be a possibility. I was using the teflon from a squeeze tube and that stuff can get away from you, quick. I'll also take the cover off and watch what's happening in the pressure switch, as Bob suggests. To this point I haven't made any adjustments to the system. First...
  2. dsk

Thanks for responding Jim. In this case all materials are brand, spanking new. I installed a 10 gpm submersible pump in my 96' deep well last month. It's 4 feet off the bottom with 70 feet of water above it, in a six inch diameter well. Only 24 feet of lift above water level to reach the...
  3. dsk

I've read several threads on this forum with information relating to setting the the pressure switch in relationship to the air bladder's internal pressure. But none of them come from situations similar to mine, so I'll ask the question again, from my own recent experience. I just installed...
  4. dsk

Is a check valve needed??

Thanks for the great explanations and anecdotes. Wish I'd known this sooner. The submersible pump I installed in my well does have a check valve built into the top of it. But not knowing what I know now, I ordered the Tank Tee package at this link, including the check valve...
  5. dsk

Is a check valve needed??

Bob, Can you elaborate on what the problems of putting a check valve just before the pressure tank (i.e. downstream from the pump, but upstream of the tank) might be? Thanks, DSK
  6. dsk

Help on building a well house?

You might try this: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mwps_dis/mwps_web/plans/74001.pdf DSK
  7. dsk

Poly Pipe - 1" vs. 3/4"

Thanks. Yes, I am on a well and have a pressure tank with pressure switch set to 40-60 psi. This is a weekend cabin setup so I don't have a high water demand, and the important outputs (shower, sink, etc.) are all within 75 feet of the pressure tank. At the far end of the run will just be a...
  8. dsk

Poly Pipe - 1" vs. 3/4"

I had planned to use 1" poly pipe to distribute the water around my small piece of acreage, with a max run of up to 500 feet or so. Problem is, I can't find 1" poly in anything longer that 100' pieces. And the thought of burying all those pipe connections (with their potential to require...
  9. dsk

Pressure Tank to outlet, how far is too far?

Two great posts, thanks. The added pressure tank is a neat idea. I'll be running 1" polypipe the whole way, and my water usage will rarely ever be more than one faucet working at a time (this is a weekend cabin with very little demand on the well). So I hope to have good results.
  10. dsk

Pressure Tank to outlet, how far is too far?

I have a well head located 500 feet from the farthest point where I need to get water (a spigot at my garden). I plan on laying 100 psi poly pipe in a trench, and splitting off two runs along the way. One run will carry water into my cabin (used monthly) and the other will carry water into a...
  11. dsk

Installing a Pitless Adapter

What's the best way to put a hole in the side of the well pipe so that I can install the pitless adapter. My well pipe is 6 inch diameter, and about 1/8th inch thick steel. A cutting torch seems obvious but I don't have one, nor know how to use one. Any other options out there? DSK
  12. dsk

Down Well Pressure Tanks?

Someone I know told me that it's possible to buy pressure tanks designed to fit down into the well casing. Sounds suspicious to me, and I can't google anything that looks like what my friend describes. So how about it? Does such a beasty exist? If so it would be a neat way to get rid of the...
  13. dsk

Well, Pump and Tank, how's it all work?

Thanks for the pointers guys. I'll be back if I have any questions. DSK
  14. dsk

Well, Pump and Tank, how's it all work?

I've bought an old farm property in West Virginia. On it there's a 6 inch diameter well, 80 feet deep, with 55 feet of water in it (not tested yet). I'm a reasonably good do it yourselfer but have no real plumbing experience. I'm casting about for any information that explains all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks