Recent content by DrummerDad

1. DrummerDad

New Kitchen Circuits Using 12-3

I am doing a 'minor' upgrade to part of my kitchen. You know the routine -- its a domino effect, where ruined subfloor, lead to ripping out counter, sink, and base cabinet along one wall, lead to redoing kitchen plumbing, lead to opening drywall to inspect for further damage, lead to running...
  2. DrummerDad

Tough Joist - resists new screws for new subfloor

I am replacing a section of subfloor in my kitchen. I am laying new 5/8 plywood over the diagonal boards, and using 3" stainless steel deck screws that I had left over from building my deck to fasten the subfloor. I am pre-drilling 1/8" pilot holes to make driving the screws in a bit easier...
  3. DrummerDad

Copper Supply Pipes - how close to outside wall

Thanks to everyone for the answers, and the humor of reading the banter of all you "senior members". Seems like quite a family here. I have been reading the posts for some time, and I have learned a lot. This forum is very informative, and a times quite humorous! I appreciate that you Pros...
  4. DrummerDad

Actually, I am not putting the pipes in the wall -- I just want to move the pipes closer to the wall. Right now they come up in the middle of the cabinet, and I wanted to put them about 1-1/2 to 2 inches from the back wall. This would also allow me to add a mounting board to attach the pipes...
  5. DrummerDad

I am currently replacing the supply pipes in my kitchen and laundry room. The old galvanized supply piping came up from the basement right in the middle of the kitchen sink base cabinet. I would like to put a mounting board against the back wall, inside of the cabinet, then use some bell cup...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks