Recent content by DRG32

1. DRG32

Air temperature affecting expansion tank air psi

I've got a pressure reducing valve and the pressure is set at 59 psi (check it often) The pressure will slightly increase while the hot water heater is running (after someone takes a shower). I always cut the water off and drain the lines prior to checking the air pressure in the expansion...
  2. DRG32

Air temperature affecting expansion tank air psi

I've got an expansion tank in my attic near the hot water heater and the air psi in the expansion tank can vary 5 or 6 psi depending on the air temperature in the attic. I live in Texas where it gets very hot, and freezes from time to time. I added air when the temperature was about 70* or so...
  3. DRG32

Amateur splicing in new PVC

I've got a small leak in my 1" PVC main line in my yard. The leak is at a T, and one line is coming from a PRV. That line is attached to the PRV with a union, and the other two lines attached to the T go to the house and sprinkler system. I will have to remove the entire section from the...
  4. DRG32

Pressure Reducing Valve concern

Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.
  5. DRG32

Pressure Reducing Valve concern

I recently had a pressure reducing valve installed to fix our 105 psi static pressure. We also had an expansion tank installed, and it is the appropriate size for our two hot water heaters. I adjusted the PRV to about 60 psi, and I have noticed the pressure will climb to about 65 psi after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks