Recent content by dowop

1. dowop

Water Heater Location Question

I'm not so sure about this..... It is done all over the place (and legal) in the Northeast. A rough calculation is that the flue is sized for the largest diameter gas fired flue + 50% of the second size. For the acutal calculation you can reference one of the B-Vent companies product...
  2. dowop

How can I level a concrete porch?

No - the deck mud in place of the sleepers and plywood and then the SLC. 3/4" deck mud is no problem at all.
  3. dowop

How can I level a concrete porch?

Glad to hear things worked out for you. An SLC compound to 2" would have been very expensive. I've ripped sleepers to do a similar job myself and the results were good. For the future and perhpas the cheapest and quickest would be to Dry Pack (Deck Mud) the area. If you are not familiar with...
  4. dowop

Washing Machine Ejection to deep sink is too fast

Sure you can... Sounds like there is no standpipe and that the hose from the washer is likely parallel to the basin. Your washer manual will indicate the maximum height of a an allowable standpipe. Raise the hose to that height and loop it before dumping into the basin. Every pump in the...
  5. dowop

Laundry Tub Drain Help

Agree on prior suggestions to get a vent in there and use 2" where possible. Having said this, you will not always have a wet floor if using a 1.5" pipe. This is a common alarm spoken by many forums. There are many, many situations out there where 1.5" pipes work, albeit not current...
  6. dowop

2nd meter

The size of the meter is the size of the pipe on the input side of the meter and therefore directly attributed to the volume of water that can pass to the irrigation zones. There are way too many details to look at in determining the meter size with an irrigation system because without knowing...
  7. dowop

The best lawn mower

The problem sounds more like your blades then anything else.. From sharpness to pitch. There is a difference in blade design for mulching verus bagging. A good mulching blade (3/1) is a high-lift blade versus a medium, low-lift bagging or side discharge blade (2/1). Mowers with inadequate HP...
  8. dowop

Ceiling support when putting in a header

That's a cool idea. 99% of the time building the temporary wall(s) takes longer then putting the header in. I would re-think the 2x12's and use a powerbeam or gluelam. They are so easy to work with.
  9. dowop

Converting copper to CPVC

This is what I've used many times without problems.
  10. dowop

Washer and Vent Question

Thanks! Thanks Terry! I see from your picture I have the San-Tee where the two vents connected inverted. I fully understand what you are saying about the 2" pipe, but there is just no way of getting in there without pulling the bathroom tub out in the adjoining room. In all honesty what are...
  11. dowop

Washer and Vent Question

I need assistance on how to correctly vent a washer machine. I currently have the walls exposed on a home that I am remodeling and want to get opinions on how to proceed. The washer is a Spacemaker (compact) that currently has a 1 1/2" standpipe going into a 1 1/2" drain which feeds into the...
  12. dowop

Copper to PVC/CPVC Transition Question

Great information - thanks to all!
  13. dowop

Is this any better then soldering a copper female onto DWV and using a male PVC/ABS to connect to it? The real question still remains - are these transitions allowed to be in a wall that is not readily accessable once the 'rock is on the wall. It will be difficult to put an access panel in...
  14. dowop

HJ, Not sure I understand your response fully - I can make these connections without using a female PCV/CPVC. I do understand the code in regards to PVC and female connectors. I know for a fact that there can be Copper to CPVC in your house for potable water and as far as I know Copper to...
  15. dowop

I see that this has been discussed alot in the past, but my question has to do with the accessability of these connections. When these transitions exist on both the water supply and drainage, do they need to be accessable? In other words can they be inside a wall? I know that the code does...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks