Recent content by Doozy8

1. Doozy8

What Brand Pressure Tanks are Recommended?

Installed the new tank last night. I had to drain the old tank into the sump pit since it was way too heavy for me to move out and pick up by myself with the water in it. Once that was done, I was able to lay it on it's side, remove the T pipe, cleaned the threads, taped it up and put it into...
  2. Doozy8

Thanks all. I was sort of in a pinch, since this happened over the weekend. I dismissed getting it at HD or Lowes due to the brand tanks they carry and the reviews I read on them. I ended up with an Amtrol Champion 44gal. One place wanted over $600 for it, but another plumbing supply house...
  3. Doozy8

I was on the verge of buying a new pressure tank at one of the big box stores, but read some reviews and it seems a bunch of people had to replace the tank within the first 2 years. I am not looking for that. Can someone recommend a good brand for a pressure tank? Someone tried selling me an...
  4. Doozy8

Pressure Tank Bladder?

Nothing comes out of the valve, not even air. My neighbor had the same problem as me and had the tank replaced. I am going to attempt to replace the tank today. I've already replaced the pressure switch and pressure relief valve 2 months ago. This is only 1 pipe (1" or 1 1/4"). I hope it's...
  5. Doozy8

Pressure Tank Bladder?

I am sorry for not seeing your responses sooner, but thank you both for your advice. I will check the sticky in the forum. My neighbor had the same problem and had his pressure tank replaced about 2 months ago.
  6. Doozy8

Pressure Tank Bladder?

Hello all. how do you know if your pressure tank bladder is shot? My pressure switch is tick tocking back and forth from 40 - 60 or so and I have noticed that the water pressure is the house is hit or miss lately. Any advice? Thank you
  7. Doozy8

Pressure Gauge Going Back and Forth

I woke up this morning to less pressure than we normally have. I went downstairs to check the pump and the pressure gauge was at about 30psi, but my irrigation system is running, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I shut the breaker for the well pump and when I turned it back on, the...
  8. Doozy8

Non stop water coming from release valve!!!!!

I had removed the nipple (riser pipe) and it wasn't clogged, but I replaced it anyway with a 4" rather than a 3" nipple. As for previously not having water in the house, it seems that the connectors on the old pressure switch were corroded and worn away. A simple tap of the switch would...
  9. Doozy8

Thanks Don! I appreciate that info. My original Square D pressure switch was a 40/60 and so is the new one. Is 40 the low pressure cut off? If not, can you please tell me the difference and give me the Square D model # so I can get that? When you say it's a pain to restart, how does it...
  10. Doozy8

I've already changed the switch and added a 4" riser pipe and am in the process of changing the release valve now. Home Depot only had a 1/2" release valve when my old release valve was 3/4", so I had to get a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer and a 2" nipple and a hose connector so I can connect a short...
  11. Doozy8

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I found this site trying to research an issue I woke up to this morning.....Here we go Water was releasing from my release valve uncontrollably this morning. Needless to say, my basement flooded. I am on a well, with a Square D pressure valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks