Recent content by Don_P

1. D

Move shower drain/P-trap back 2"

Looks like I might need to redo the P Trap assembly anyways, as the shower drain riser isn't plumb. 1 way is perfect, other way is probably 3/8-1/2" out of plumb. I'm going to assume I want the riser to be as plumb and flat as possible? I'll be using a no caulk shower drain.
  2. D

I appreciate the help! I will get a coupling and repair it correctly, as I don't want any issues once it's covered up again. I just search Menards website and they have a few different types of couplings. Could you perhaps attach a picture or link to the best coupling to use in my instance so I...
  3. D

So basically, pull out the fernco, clean up the pipe and glue in the slip joint coupling? If that's all it takes it sounds too easy and would be a much better choice I believe. I thought I would have to glue on a slip joint and then remake the entire p trap assembly. I did save enough pipe...
  4. D

I had to move the entire drain back 2 inches to hit the center of my shower drain. I did a test fit and it fits perfectly. I used a Fernco fitting though, is this not allowed? I used a laser to make sure the middle of the pipe hit my measurement and a torpedo level to keep it plum. I then have...
  5. D

any information would be great. I would like to get this covered in concrete and my base installed soon.
  6. D

I had a plumber come and do the rough plumbing of my basement bathroom. It passed inspection and then we poured concrete over it. Once we had everything framed up I noticed when measuring off the bottom plate of framing to the center of my drain I'm sitting at 13 15/16". The shower we picked out...
  7. D

Milwaukee Pex Expansion tool

Even the tech's from Milwaukee couldn't even tell me a real difference between the 2 different models. I asked if I could use this gun with my Sioux Chief Pex and they said they wouldn't recommend it. I then asked well one is propex, which is made for Uponor I believe. They stated that was...
  8. D

I tried to call Milwaukee and the person I talked with had no idea. I was referred to the tech department and haven't heard back yet. I tried to search for 2474-22, the kit I have, on their website and it doesn't even list it. All that comes up is the 2432-22. I will have to call tomorrow and...
  9. D

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's Type B. I purchased it from my local Menards store.
  10. D

I guess I should have stated that the model I currently have is the 2474, not the 2432. I'm guessing the one I have is the Home Depot version? From what I found on the internet is the 2474 is newer and non "propex" which is an uponor brand. Supposedly their is 0 difference between the two of...
  11. D

I just finished watching a video about this. They used a Zurn head on the milwaukee and said the fit seemed to be much better?? I will have to look into this, thank you.
  12. D

Plumbing a basement bathroom and I borrowed the Milwaukee Pex Expanding tool from a friend of mine. Now researching this, it states that you MUST use only Uponor pipe and fittings with the Milwaukee expanding tool?? Will this work with the Sioux Chief PowerPex "Type B" pipe that I bought...
  13. D

Moving bathroom sink drain

Any tips on how you finished it, or made it work in the finished area? I'm thinking of possibly throwing a rug over it? I was going to install a heat mat under the flooring in the bathroom, a rug might defeat that purpose or cause issues?? I could go a glue down vinyl plank over the cover and...
  14. D

Basement Bathroom Addition Advice. Pex A or B?

Yes, I have about 2 feet of Pex on the incoming cold water line and about the same on the hot water line. Not really enough to effect anything in my opinion. I was concerned over the longer runs, how pex B might effect loss of pressure or volume in regards to the internal fittings. I possibly...
  15. D

Basement Bathroom Addition Advice. Pex A or B?

I have access to a milwaukee expanding tool. I believe I will switch out my crimp fittings and rings for the expanion versions. Now instead of getting 3 3/4" x 1/2" Tee's, can I just get a 3 port 1/2" manifold and install it inline? 3/4" in and out with 3 1/2" ports coming off of it? It would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks