Recent content by Don

1. Don

What's the best performing toilet?

Thanks!!..another thumbs up for the Toto Drake..the reviews are glowing also..sounds like I'm going to be a proud and confident "Drake" man ..you really have to live with a disfunctional toilet to feel this way..people will ask. " why is he so happy and upbeat?".."he just switched to a "Toto""...
  2. Don

What's the best performing toilet?

Ok..I've pretty much decided to yank out that %$#@& Champion toilet..I like the height and elongated bowl....can anyone recommend one in that price range? Terry recommended a "Toto Drake" I believe it was.. months back, but I (thought) I would be ok with the Champion I had bought because it did...
  3. Don

AS Champion-flush seal

I asked about this in a reply to the "worst toilet" thread..but thought i'd post this as new...I installed the AS Champion with the (apparently new-improved flush valve seal)..but sometimes get that cycle of re-filling because when the flush tower lands..that thin flat rubber seal can be out of...
  4. Don

The worst toilet I have ever installed

AS Champion I heard all the horror stories about the Champion..I bought one of the later improved models with the new flush valve seal..the tank/bowl connection went fine (a long careful tightening process)..no external leak there..but guess what?..sometimes the flush valve does'nt always seal...
  5. Don

Champion toilet flush duration

Looks like you're correct with that jimbo.,It doesn't seem like any adjustments are possible with that automatic tower....oh well, it does a good job flushing as it is..good thing the tank holds more than 1.6 gallons to increase the flush pressure...and 1.6 gallons does make it fill back up...
  6. Don

Champion toilet flush duration

Just installed the Champion, no leaks yet, it does have the newer flush valve..Is there anyway to adjust for a longer duration flush so that it empties more of the tank?..Just doing test flushes at this point.,The flush is very brief..I'd like to see a longer duration of rushing water to be sure...
  7. Don

New drop in whirlpool CRACKING!!!!

Well neighbor, I must have been on crack to allow the bargin price of the tub to put me in a position of doing these radical modifications...Don
  8. Don

Bath Tub Drain Removal

The use of a RotoZip with a small metal cutting wheel would give you the surgical precision to do this task even next to the human spine...but then..if you sent a picture , we may all know more about your situation..ain't that right fellas..Don
  9. Don

Sorry I don't have a pic..It's just a tub surrounded by three walls..sitting on a 2x6 deck wall...just trying to get the ok for my plan to eliminate water going under the tub and flowing around the surround deck on the floor..It's frustrating that no one can visualize that...I must have a very...
  10. Don

Are waxless rings ok?

hmmm..sounds like what you're saying is when the toilet is flushed..the downward rush of waste water in (free fall) as it leaves the toilet can splash against the funnel...and when water hits something, it's always going to be testing even the smallest gaps out to the side....Like a drop of...
  11. Don

Are waxless rings ok?

Really?...I want this to be trouble free for years..this Kant-Leak ring I have has that urethane sleeve(funnel thing)..do you find that it restricts waste flow? because it does appear to reduce the diameter of the opening..perhaps too much maybe?....have you found urethane sleeve type rings to...
  12. Don

I see what you did and understand..I must be failing to express myself clearly..again,I know I could have installed the tub differently to begin with or even bought another type of tub all together....but as it is , I have already installed the tub in a three wall alcove...open on one...
  13. Don

Thanks Mark..I'll check out your pics after the Tarheels win tonight...I really miss titled my original post...I'm not worried about the cracks..I'm really not..it's the flimsy flex that bothers me..flex that can and certainly will open the caulk seal around the top lip of the tub...and the idea...
  14. Don

Are waxless rings ok?

Man!! that's far more industrial looking than the waxless i was looking at...I like it!!..could you tease us with some titanium toilet flange pics?...Don
  15. Don

Are waxless rings ok?

Thanks!!!..I really felt that good old wax was the way to go...I bought a Gunk (Kant Leak) wax ring with the poly insert funnel thing in it..Don
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks