Recent content by Don Metzinger

1. Don Metzinger

water service line questions

update Update - We have decided to measure the pressure and flow just inside the house, there is a tee for the sprinkler system and right after that there is a union so we will check the flow there and get a dynamic pressure reading by attaching a pressure gauage to an out side hose bib not too...
  2. Don Metzinger

Thanks for the inputs. I did not mention in my post that there is no pressure reducing valve for the house. I did check the fill valve on the toilet and it is not clogged. There is a tee where the line enters the house that supplies the sprinkler system and it has a union on it so I may just...
  3. Don Metzinger

Hi – I have some friend who are experiencing some water flow problems, when the sprinkler system is on the and a toilet is used the toilets take forever to refill, probably 10 minutes, faucet flow is greatly reduced also. They are considering replacing their incoming 40 year old ¾†copper...
  4. Don Metzinger

Auto re-set and wiring diagrams.

Thanks for the replies. Will be working on it later today. Sorry for the problems with the postings, there are always a few who cause problems for the rest. - Don
  5. Don Metzinger

Auto re-set and wiring diagrams.

Hi, have a dayton 2 speed motor on a whole house fan that quit working and have a couple of questions. Checked and have voltage through the timer and control and to the motor.The motor has a automatic re-set for the thermal protection, do these things stick sometimes?? would putting the motor...
  6. Don Metzinger

soil cement or ??

Just put in an abs cleanout in an old 4" ci line and a short piece of the cast that ran to the clay pipe came loose. It was cemented into the clay bell. Is there a particular kind of cement that was commonly used? Could it be replaced using regular masonsay cement. There used to be a product...
  7. Don Metzinger

Using fernco proflex

The label on these list xh cast. I wil have to call back and see if they have the 3005-44. Problem is finding a fernco in the size needed. A 3005-44 which is 4.87/4.50 would work but no one in Denver has them. Not sure how much streach the proflex has.
  8. Don Metzinger

Using fernco proflex

I am looking for some advice on using a fernco proflex to connect in an double abs cleanout in a very old xh cast line outsdie the house. The plumb shop said the 3000-44 will fit the old cast. I checked the plastic side and it fits the abs perfect but I expect a much tighter fit to the ci which...
  9. Don Metzinger

cast vs abs

15 lbs ? Couple of other questions. One of the els inside the house has "15 lbs " in raised letters on the side. Is this a designation for xh cast. Is that the weight per foot? All of the straight lenghts of the 4' cast have the xh designation on them. I am going to install the cleanout out...
  10. Don Metzinger

Nearly Inaccessible Clean Out?

I am not a plumber but seem to remember reading or hearing about a saddle type cleanout attachment that could be attached after an access or hole is cut in the side of the pipe. If such a thing exists you could use an angle grinder with a diamond blade and attach the saddle. ??? - Don
  11. Don Metzinger

cast vs abs

I need to put a wye in a drain line for a clean out. The line is 4" hd cast and comes through the basement wall about 2' below the surface of the ground. I have dug down to the line just outside the wall and have several questions. Using fernco type connectors that are the shielded type I assume...
  12. Don Metzinger

Bevel and Grease Pipe (Septic Insertion)

You might also use plumbers silicone grease. don
  13. Don Metzinger

Cutting gas line???

Thanks for all the replies and info. This is a great site, I read it even when I don't have a question or problem. I am going to take out the 3- 4 sections from the logs to the bad valve and make up a replacement for the one with the valve in it. Will have to wait for a few days as we have a...
  14. Don Metzinger

Cutting gas line???

Thank for the tip, I'll look but I doubt that one pipe is reverse threaded. The part of the pipe with the valve is actualy on the out side of the brick chimney about a 1/4" from the brick. If I could just cut the pipe with my recip saw this would have been easy. - don
  15. Don Metzinger

Cutting gas line???

Thanks for the info. The pipe sits against the brick on the out side where the valve is so the is no way to use a rotating pipe cutter, it also faces in towards the hole from the inside for the rod that operates the valve so I can't take it apart and replace the insides. The only way I have of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks