Recent content by Docbrown25

1. Docbrown25

Kitchen Sink Rearrange plumbing

Thanks for the reply. I think I'd like to keep the line where it is, b/c if i move it back, the 45 might hit one of the supply lines. Last question, (i think), i'm confused what my connection will be like from the chrome tailpiece to the 45? Is there another adapter I need on the other end of...
  2. Docbrown25

Here is a pic of what it looks like coming out of the wall from a top view. What type of connection do i want to make to do the 45 connection? Will I be a able to find a 45 that can screw right to the adapter that is currently there? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
  3. Docbrown25

Thanks Terry! Really appreciate all the help I've gotten from the forum. I did have another related question. Currently, (i know its a little hard to see in the pic), coming out of the wall there appears to be a male adapter connected to the pvc. Then the chrome tail pipe going into it with a...
  4. Docbrown25

Hello - I'm having new counters and an undermount sink installed later this week. I thought I would just be shortening my drain pipes a little bit to account for the deeper sink, however the wife informed me she would like the the garbage disposal moved from the right side to the left. The issue...
  5. Docbrown25

Fireplace Gas Line Cap

Thank you all for the replies. Yea we just bought the house and have no experience with a gas fireplace. I always wondered if the damper should be open all the time even if just the pilot was lit.. oh well, its gone now. ready to burn wood!
  6. Docbrown25

Fireplace Gas Line Cap

Hello - Looking for a little advice here. I am converting my fireplace back to wood burning from having a gas log insert. (** Yes I have had the chimney and fireplace inspected and cleaned **). I would like to cap the gas line that is coming up through the fireplace floor. I was talking with...
  7. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

got it. Thanks! Can you explain why I want a "street tee" vs a regular tee or a san-t? looks like it just has different connectors on each end... nevermind. i now realize the street tee will be abel to fit directly into the y without any additional pipe.
  8. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

Actually liking the double y idea the more I think about. When you say a cleanout with the AAV. What type of fitting should I use out of the center? Is the cleanout necessary?
  9. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

Thanks for the suggestion. I will need to think about using a double y. I was thinking I settled on something like this pic I found. Using a san t as the first fitting and sending my AAV striaght up. Similar to what Terry suggested.
  10. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

Thanks for the reply. I think I have a much better idea of how to do this. Just to be clear the fitting for the AAV, can that go straight up with a t fitting out the wall or do I need to point it sideways then use a curved peice to go up. hope what I'm asking makes sense. Also, is there a...
  11. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

It appears that the larger pipes (like at the wyes and up to the aav) are glued at their connections. Is there anyway to get these apart? Or do I have to cut the whole thing off at the wall? Will there be enough pipe left to attach another connector?
  12. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

Thanks for the fast reply. I will definitely install the sink first, I did a dry test already. Like I said in my first post. I could not position the right side drain properly given the existing setup, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to fix that. As well as shortening the aav in in its...
  13. Docbrown25

New Kitchen Sink Install

Hello - I am going to attempt to install a new kitchen sink. I have very little plumbing experience (installed facuets, etc). The sink I am installing is about 2.5" inches deeper than old sink and the drains are offset in a different location. A picture is attached of the current plumbing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks