Recent content by djwehr

1. djwehr

water pressure drop?

I recently replaced my PRV and it is set at 70 psi. when we open a faucet, etc the pressure drops to 40 psi is this normal or could something be wrong? prior to the old prv going bad we never noticed any drop in pressure while showering. Upon taking the old prv apart i notice a large portion...
  2. djwehr

shaking pipes, PRV?

think i may call the City, have them check their meter strainer for debris and what not. other than that I cant imagine what could be wrong.
  3. djwehr

shaking pipes, PRV?

I was measuring at a hose bib on the exterior of the home. all lines are copper.
  4. djwehr

shaking pipes, PRV?

ok, replaced the prv and shaking is gone. set prv to 65 psi. is it normall for the pressure to drop to 40-45psi when toilet or faucet is open? it recovers once water is shut off.
  5. djwehr

shaking pipes, PRV?

had a plumber come out and confirm the prv is faulty. had 112psi static pressure, but said it dropped to 40psi when both sinks in master bath were turned on. said 80% chance it is just due to the prv, but something else may contribute to the drop in pressure. the prv is mine. the city's...
  6. djwehr

shaking pipes, PRV?

thank you HJ, gonna call the City Water Department and see if it is their or mine, seeing it is before the meter.
  7. djwehr

shaking pipes, PRV?

the pipes in my house have recently started to shake when 2 or more fixtures are turned on at the same time. you can see a noticeable drop in water pressure at the taps. There is a PRV already installed at the supply line before the water meter. when the toilet is flushed there is noticeable...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks