Recent content by djdixon1995

1. djdixon1995

Help with unusual lav faucet mounting

Greetings, I'm replacing a lav faucet in my house and have encountered an under sink mounting system that I havent seen before...and for the life of me cant figure out how to remove it. Before I break out the Sawzall, is anyone familiar with this mounting system or have advice on how to...
  2. djdixon1995

Low pressure and flow all of a sudden?

Additionally, I just went out to the hydrant located at the well. If I open the hydrant, I get a lot of air along with the water.
  3. djdixon1995

Thanks Gary. I adjusted the precharge pressure to 38 PSI. It was set at 38 when I installed the tank in December. I guess the 105 degree heat here in Oklahoma may account for the extra pressure. I miss spoke on the pressure switch...it is a 40/60 PSI switch. So, I now have the precharge and...
  4. djdixon1995

Greetings, I have a 1 HP submersible pump, 40/50 pressure switch and 80 gal bladder tank precharged to 43 PSI. The tank and switch were replaced about 8 months ago. Everything has been working like a champ since then. However, yesterday I noticed a sudden drop in water pressure throughout...
  5. djdixon1995

Well pump, check valve, and irrigation question

Greetings, I have a well pump supplying all the water to my house. I intend to install an irrigation system in my 1.2 acre lot but was only getting about 6 GPM from the hydrant located a couple feet from the well head. I noticed that there was no check valve in the system and figure that...
  6. djdixon1995

Down spouts and surface drains

thanks Jimbo...you're corrrect, I meant perforated vs corregated. Based on your answer (which made my day) I plan to use straight 4 inch sewer pipe (not corregated or performated) for the whole job. Thanks, Doug
  7. djdixon1995

Down spouts and surface drains

Greetings, I'm hoping for some advice on a back yard drainage problem. First I live in Oklahoma and my home is on a concrete slab and my down spouts terminate at the base of the house on splash blocks. I have a low spot in my back yard that that puddles severely when it rains. This is...
  8. djdixon1995

Persistent Pressure Problem

Thanks for the reply Bob. Do you know of a way to test for either or both of those? Preferably, one that a novice plumber can handle... Thanks, Doug
  9. djdixon1995

Persistent Pressure Problem

Greetings, I recently returned from a long deployment to find that the water pressure in my house had become weak. The guage on the pressure tank would always stabilize at 30 PSI. During my trouble shooting, with a lot of help from the posts in this forum, I discovered that the bladder in...
  10. djdixon1995

Pump volume and pressure question

I'm getting about 5 GPM (using a bucket and a watch) and mediocre pressure from my well. It's a 1/2 HP pump into a tank with 40 PSI reading on the tank pressure guage. Is there a way to improve the volume and pressure? I'm guessing volume is a function of the pump so I'd have to get a...
  11. djdixon1995

Two Water Heaters, which one does what?

Greetings, I recently moved into a house with two gas water heaters. They're located in different parts of the house. Is there an easy way to tell which water heater supplies which outlets or are they usually hooked up in series? Thanks, djdixon1995
  12. djdixon1995

Want to install spigot at the well head

Fellas, Job sucessfully completed...thanks to your help and advice. I used a hydrant with the valve below the freeze line as suggested. Pretty nerve racking cutting into the main supply line but it all worked out in the end. When I did cut into the line, with the pump off, i got a lot...
  13. djdixon1995

Rancher/Chris74, I don't believe I have a check valve at the tank end (the photo was helpful). That being the case, is it a true statement that when I use a hydrant located between the pump and the tank, when I open that hydrant, the water will flow back from the tank to the hydrant which...
  14. djdixon1995

Rancher, Great advice. The pipes are underground. I followed your advice and found the PVC at about three feet below the surface. If it's as simple as splicing into that PVC with compression fittings, my intent is to "tunnel" under the concrete pad a foot or so so I can locate the stand...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks