Recent content by djbarber2

1. djbarber2

Trying to drain my evacuation pipe on softener

Thanks for the advice, any thoughts on re-routing the discharge to immediately behind the unit (rather than going up and over)? Wasn't sure if there were any issues with that...I could gravity drain it there too with an vacuum breaker, thinking it would be shorter path/high velocity on exit.
  2. djbarber2

Trying to drain my evacuation pipe on softener

Hi all, I have a similar problem where my softener discharge has started freezing up over the last couple years. Pictures are attached of my system. I have 1/2" PVC running from softener overhead, then down into a pre-existing 1-1/2" PVC pipe (installed by builder for a greensand filter, now...
  3. djbarber2

Sink pump discharge pipe mounting

I am installing an undersink pump to service a utility sink and bar sink in my basement. I have all the vents and discharge pipes installed. I am trying to figure out the best way to mount or stabilize the discharge pipe. It runs upwards at an ~8 degree angle (as shown in the picture below)...
  4. djbarber2

Two Basement Sink Install w/undersink pump - venting

Currently roughing in two basement sinks (one for bar, one for workshop)...they will be on opposite sides of a wall. Trying to figure out how to vent this arrangement properly. I plan to have each sink on their own p-traps and separate drain lines into each side of the pump. I will vent the...
  5. djbarber2

Softener Settings Advice

I am getting ready to set up my water softener. We have 2-1/2 baths, 2 adults and 2 kids on well water. Our water hardness is 31 gpg with trace amounts of iron (post greensand filter). I think our flow rate is around 3 GPM (filled up 3 gallon pale in bathtub). We have high chloride in our...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks