Recent content by diyron

1. diyron

Moderate Floor Damage - Needs Repair?

The 1 1/4" space is almost perfect because it is not pressed completely into the drain yet.
  2. diyron

It's not screwed to the subfloor. It's actually resting above the subfloor by about 1 1/4". It's just the dead on shot that makes it look like it's flush. As noted earlier it is not glued in but is just there as a place holder to validate the fit until the tile is laid. It won't be glued in...
  3. diyron

There was some delamination and it was a little spongy in the area closest to the flange. I did exactly as you suggest. The joists on either side were close. Less than 6" on the side closest to the wall and almost a double joist with less than 2" space between them on the other side. So I...
  4. diyron

This is a 3" ID PVC pipe. I measured (twice). I can get a replacement flange at the Despot that will fit over the outside but I think I'm still going to have to cut the pipe and extend it using a coupler. Or would I be better off just cutting the SS flange off and using a clamshell repair kit...
  5. diyron

I was afraid that would be the answer. I really didn't want to have to do that but I know you're right. It's not too big of a deal since the rotted part is within the 12" OC joists and I can just cut out the old and put in the new. But I'm a little unclear about the flange options you...
  6. diyron

Today I removed the old toilet while prepping the bathroom floor for tiling. This is what I found: So the questions are: Do I need to cut out a section of the floor and replace the flange or can I just use some 3/4" blocking underneath to reinforce the floor around the drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks