Recent content by DIYPlumber1

1. DIYPlumber1

Shower pan liner question

I have installed shower pan liners before but they were in homes with wood stud walls. This house has masonry block walls. How do I attach the pan liner to the wall? Do I need to build out the walls to attach cement board? Will the folds in the corners be a problem with the block walls?
  2. DIYPlumber1

Threading pipe

I am trying to thread some 1/2 pipe with a rigid manual pipe threader. My first attempt came out poorly and I looked at the dies in the threader and they were in poor shape. I replaced the dies. On my second attempt the threads were better but the second or third row always seems to have...
  3. DIYPlumber1

Toilet flushing problem grows

So I removed the toilet in the offending batroom snaked the drain with a power snake while running a small stream of water down the drain. The situation is still the same. One bathroom drains and one does not. Now what to do???
  4. DIYPlumber1

How would you approch solving this problem? Remove the toilet and auger?
  5. DIYPlumber1

I am probably missing something here but how can the main line be plugged if the other batroom that backs up to this one works fine or are we taking between the two batrooms?
  6. DIYPlumber1

The toilet and sink in one of my bathrooms was working fine. Then the toilet got to where it gave a poor flush like it was having trouble going down. I them took a plunger to it to get it moving. All I did was move sewage into the bath tub. When I try to use the sink it bubbles up in the toilet...
  7. DIYPlumber1

Deposits in water heater

Diamond Crystal Extra Coarse Solar Salt
  8. DIYPlumber1

Deposits in water heater

Once a month I have to drain about 2 quarts of white gunk out of the bottom of my hot water heater. It looks kind of like Karo Syrup. I have a culligan water softner if that makes a difference. What is happening?
  9. DIYPlumber1

New Toilet Does Not Completely Flush

The toilet was defective. A new one flushes just fine. Thanks for the ideas.
  10. DIYPlumber1

Looked at the toilet last night when it flushed and water only came out one side under the rim. Could this be the problem?
  11. DIYPlumber1

There is no test plug in the line. This was a tie in to the original main line and test was done in the main line. Toilets connected to the old main line work fine. I put the wax ring on the bottom of the toilet before installation. I pressed it on good to keep it in place but you never know...
  12. DIYPlumber1

Installed a new toilet onto new sewer line. When I go to flush it the water only swirls a little and the bowl does not emply completely. I tried adjusting the fill rate of the tank but no difference. Bad toilet or clog?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks