Recent content by DIYNero

1. D

cracked waste line, right?

woops thought i did. unfortunately, the picture i took is too big a file for the server. the one i shrunk was as well. will try to figure edit: any clue what size that is or how to do it? its just a camera phone. edit edit - got it just needed to resize
  2. D

cracked waste line, right?

So i am fixing up a lovely old house. tons of secrets behind every wall, lots of fun. The basement has serious water problems, which i have been addressing through grading, downspout engineering, and will at some point do some serious external drainage. This has been mostly successful, but...
  3. D

best way to stub out no hub cast iron?

ah. mine is all hubless, how do i make that transition? i can find 1.5 brass arms but few options for connecting it into 2in CI
  4. D

a sink and a bathtub. how to connect the trap arm and tub assembly into the system. 2 in CI no hub
  5. D

Hello, I am replacing sections of cast iron in my house and i am curious what i should do to finish the stub out. since it is no hub, its not threaded, should I just transition the 2 in cast iron to a pvc stub with a fernco, or is there a better method? I wouldnt mind having the stub be CI, it...
  6. D

Ways to support cast iron risers?

Ah yes, I would have done things differently if id any experience with these things, they're tough. next time.
  7. D

Thanks for the info, that is good to know. always nice to see the actual "why" of this stuff in addition to the reason. The anecdote remind of a project i need to go do....
  8. D

Ah thank you. I hadnt thought about a heavier gauge strap. the one ive been using to rough set i think is 28 gauge hd, and not sufficiently strong beyond what im doing with it. Is 26 gauge code approved/required, or just handy? ill take either.
  9. D

Hello, am replacing some cracked cast iron with hubless cast iron and am having a hard time supporting the risers, the only thing i find are riser clamps, but as i have fittings at both those transitions i have to raise the clamp to carry the main weight directly and notch studs for it to rest...
  10. D

will soft copper supply lines last longer?

Is a good solder better than compression? i admit i do not mind compression for this purpose. a little pipe dope and they fail before they leak. maybe i need better valves ha
  11. D

will soft copper supply lines last longer?

Hello, I own and maintain several properties. over the years i have gotten more and more serious about best practices for long term maintenance. Though I typically use braided supply lines for fixtures, i am wondering if i should be considering using flex copper with ferrules and compression...
  12. D

Can a 1/4 bend be used at the bottom of a plumbing stack?

ah, do you mean like two 45's to cope the angle?
  13. D

Can a 1/4 bend be used at the bottom of a plumbing stack?

I am very limited on space and trying to figure out what would work. The line will then travel about 8 feet and then turn vertical, then back horizontal to connect into a wye combination. happy to answer any questions.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks