Recent content by DIYhomey

1. DIYhomey

Flushmate: Repair or go with gravity?

Jim, I don't know what you want me to do, because if you had read through my posts, I have repeated three times already that my installation cannot physically accommodate the restrictor. I'm not going to tear apart my bathroom to change something that's worked for 15 years. If it ain't broke...
  2. DIYhomey

I already know that. That's not what the previous commenter stated and what I was responding to. What the previous commenter said was: "I wouldn't flush before getting up if I were you." As if it is act of flushing that causes them to fail, which is clearly NOT the case. If the consumer class...
  3. DIYhomey

Flushing actually releases the pressure. Then it takes a while for the pressure to build back up. All of the incidences I've heard about, no one was in the bathroom when the rupture occurred. It's a random event. There was probably a "run" of defective units. Instead of narrowing it down, the...
  4. DIYhomey

No problem. But I've read from others who have installed the pressure regulator that the toilet no longer flushes with as much power and that it takes longer to fill, and a lot of people have ended up removing it. As far as I'm concerned, 15 years of continuous use has tested this unit to be...
  5. DIYhomey

They may have opened a plant in Georgia in 1991, but they certainly weren't selling redesigned low flow toilets in my area when I bought my Gerber 15 years ago. I visited all the major plumbing suppliers in the Chicago area back then and there wasn't a single Toto toilet in sight on any of the...
  6. DIYhomey

But I don't NEED or want a new toilet. I have a perfectly good working one that I like. Toto didn't exist 15 years ago so your point is moot.
  7. DIYhomey

Candee, my response was to Gary Swart, who asked "And you all have these pressure assist toilets because...." Because... 1. I purchased my toilet 15 years ago. AT THE TIME, it was the ONLY low flow toilet that actually worked. 2. Over 2 million of these units have been purchased and installed...
  8. DIYhomey

Because they are the only low-flow toilets sold for many years that actually WORKED, i.e., you NEVER have to plunge or flush them twice. In 1992 the U.S. government mandated that all toilets sold after 1994 cannot consume more than 6 liters (1.6 gallons) per flush. What they didn't consider was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks