Recent content by DIYGST

1. DIYGST

shower not mixing enough cold water

Just did a bit of investigation, the cartridge seems to be 974-491 made by aftermarket? Generic Price Pfister 974-491 Faucet Cartridge -By Plumb USA 34400 on another site, it says it's been replaced by this 974-042...
  2. DIYGST

Thanks, I got the cover off and screw removed, but the handle won't budge when I pull it outwards, is it just stuck? Also, I found out this is called the body guard model. I have seen your post on other forums a bit of info about the guts. The symptom seems to be that it will turn to as hot...
  3. DIYGST

Normally we have to turn the valve to 80% to get perfect temperature for our toddler using the hand shower. Today I noticed it was running extra hot like it is as hot as the water heater. I had to turn the handle about 20% to get some regular warm water. Does anyone know if a valve can...
  4. DIYGST

Help with Avante (strange) Pfister shower valve

Hi, I am working on changing the cartridge and new trim kit to the pfister valve. It originally has plastic threads sticking out for the round trim to thread into. Anyway, I broke off some of the plastic while removing the trim. The plastic sleeve is held by 2 screws out of the valve's 4...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks