Recent content by DiyDave

1. DiyDave

Bathroom fan vent path when joists are parallel to wall?

From what I understand the concern is that if the area is really steamy there is a potential for steam to condense at the top of where it makes the upward turn and slide down. I think I agree with you though that the fan cfm should probably keep things running through as long as I don't make...
  2. DiyDave

Bathroom fan vent path when joists are parallel to wall?

I ordered a panasonic bathroom fan and the ceiling joists run parallel to the gable wall I'm exiting out of so I'd have to curve the vent up slightly to get over the joists. Is that initial up pitch to get over the joist going to cause a possible condensation issue inside the vent or will I be...
  3. DiyDave

Plumber didn't deburr, should I be worried?

I normally handle most things around the house myself, but when doing a shower remodel I decided to hire a plumber since there were things, such as jackhammering to move a drain, that I didn't feel comfortable with. Part of the job required moving some of the piping in the shower around and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks